One Born Every Minute
|One Born Every Minute|
|Narrated by||Steven Hartley|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Original language(s)||British English|
|No. of series||7|
|No. of episodes||67|
|Executive producer(s)||Magnus Temple and Nick Curwin (series 1)
Peter Moore and Sanjay Singhal (series 2)
|Producer(s)||Series 1: Jonathan Smith (series producer)
Series 2: Francesca Newby (director of production), Lucy Bowden (series producer) and Lorraine Charker-Phillips (series director)
|Production company(s)||Dragonfly Film and Television Productions (part of Shine Group)|
|Original channel||Channel 4|
|One Born Every Minute|
One Born Every Minute is a British observational documentary series which shows activities taking place in the labour ward. The first series aired on Channel 4 in 2010, the second in 2011. Series 7 made its debut on 10 March 2015. This factual series is produced by Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, which is part of Shine Group.
In February 2011 an American version of One Born Every Minute premiered in the USA on Lifetime Television and in August 2011 a French adaptation named Baby Boom premiered on France's TF1. There have been two seasons of the American show and three of the French. There have been seven UK series.
One Born Every Minute has to date achieved the highest ratings of any "fixed rig" multicamera documentary series, with its most popular episodes attracting audiences in excess of five million. The "rig" technique for making factual television was pioneered by Dragonfly founders Nick Curwin and Magnus Temple, in partnership with Channel 4 commissioning editor Simon Dickson, in 2008. It was first used successfully on The Family (BAFTA nominated in 2009 and 2010).
The first series won a 2010 BAFTA for best factual series; the second series was nominated for a 2011 BAFTA for best factual series. Airlock, who designed the interactive and multimedia material to accompany the series, were nominated for a 2010 BAFTA "New Media Award".
|France||Baby Boom||TF1||August 23, 2011|
|USA||One Born Every Minute||Lifetime Television||February 1, 2011|
The 2013 edition of the Comic Relief telethon featured a three-way spoof/mini-episode aired under the One Born Every Minute title and logo: a parody of the show's format with appearances by the cast of Call the Midwife along with Matt Smith as the Doctor from Doctor Who and closing narration by Vanessa Redgrave.
- "One Born Every Minute (US)". imdb.
- "Baby Boom". Wikipédia (French).
- "Bafta TV awards 2011: nominations in full | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "Awards & Nominations". Airlock.com. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- One Born Every Minute at the Internet Movie Database (Series 1, 2010)
- One Born Every Minute at the Internet Movie Database (Series 2, 2011)
- One Born Every Minute, Channel 4, review a review from the The Daily Telegraph
- New Channel 4 series focuses on Southampton's Princess Anne Hospital A news article from Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
- One Born Every Minute: labours of love a The Guardian blog article on the second UK series
- Last Night's TV - One Born Every Minute, Channel 4 a review of the second UK series from The Independent
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This documentary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|