One Court Square
One Court Square, also known as the Citigroup Building, is a 50-story (200.5 meters or 658 feet) office tower in Long Island City, Queens across the East River from Manhattan in New York City. It was completed in 1990 by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP for Citigroup. The tower is the tallest building in New York City (and State) outside of Manhattan. WNYZ-LP (also known as Pulse 87) broadcasts from the top of this building.
It is not to be mistaken for the Citigroup Center in Manhattan, which is across the street from Citigroup's main headquarters at 399 Park Avenue. The buildings are one subway stop away from each other along the IND Queens Boulevard Line (E M trains).
- Opened in 1990
- Green-tinted glass-wrapped
- 50 Stories above ground (54 total)
- 27 passenger elevators; 4 freight elevators and 6 escalators
- 1,401,630 Rentable Square Feet (130,203 Square Meters)
- Owned by SL Green Realty Corp.
- Architect: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
- Construction Manager: Turner Construction
In popular culture
The building is parodied in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV as the LC24 Tower.
Queens Boulevard after a thunderstorm, with One Court Square cutting through the clouds, 2009