One Night in Paris
|One Night in Paris|
|Video by Depeche Mode|
|Recorded||9/10 October 2001, Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris|
|Genre||Synthpop, new wave, electronic rock, alternative dance|
|Length||117 mins: 43 sec|
|Depeche Mode video chronology|
One Night in Paris – The Exciter Tour 2001 – A Live DVD by Anton Corbijn is a video release by Depeche Mode, featuring an entire concert from their 2001 Exciter Tour, shot at the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy on 9 and 10 October 2001. Although the cover only lists the second date, it is obvious that material from the first was used, as "It Doesn't Matter Two" was only played on the 9th. That song was replaced by "Sister Of Night" the next day (and included as a bonus track on disc 2). Many fans were disappointed to see the popular song "Clean" (a regular on the tour, played on the first night in Paris) not included (no live version is officially released of the song to this date), Condemnation (from the second night, rarely performed in 2001, with several live versions previously available) taking its place in the film. It was directed and filmed by Anton Corbijn, and released in 2002.
The first disc features the full concert, while the second disc contains documentaries on the movie, interviews with the band, extra songs, tour projections, and more.
The DVD was directed by the band's long-time artistic collaborator Anton Corbijn at the sold-out Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy in front of 16,000 people. The concert film was shot on anamorphic 16:9 Digital Betacam using 13 cameras.
DVD: Mute Film/DVDStumm 190 (UK)
Disc One – concert (song list below)
- "Easy Tiger"/"Dream On" (Acoustic) [Intro]
- "The Dead of Night" (Exciter, 2001)
- "The Sweetest Condition" (Exciter, 2001)
- "Halo" (Violator, 1990)
- "Walking in My Shoes" (Songs of Faith and Devotion, 1993)
- "Dream On" (Exciter, 2001)
- "When the Body Speaks" (Exciter, 2001)
- "Waiting for the Night"(Violator, 1990)
- "It Doesn't Matter Two" (Black Celebration, 1986)
- "Breathe" (Exciter, 2001)
- "Freelove" (Exciter, 2001)
- "Enjoy the Silence" (Violator, 1990)
- "I Feel You" (Songs of Faith and Devotion, 1993)
- "In Your Room" (Songs of Faith and Devotion, 1993)
- "It's No Good" (Ultra, 1997)
- "Personal Jesus" (Violator, 1989)
- "Home" (Ultra, 1997)
- "Condemnation" (Songs of Faith and Devotion, 1993)
- "Black Celebration" (Black Celebration, 1986)
- "Never Let Me Down Again" (Music for the Masses, 1987)
- The Preparing – Documentary on One Night in Paris
- The Photographing – Photos by Anton Corbijn
- The Waiting – Interviews with fans
- The Talking – Interviews with Depeche Mode
- The Screening – Tour Projections
*Isolated video of the projections played with audio of the song it was for.
- Waiting for the Night
- It Doesn't Matter Two
- In Your Room
- It's No Good
- Black Celebration
- Sister of Night (Ultra, 1997) – Bonus song that wasn't in the movie
- The Choosing – Never Let Me Down Again with the choice of three different camera angles
- The Subtitling – Choose between English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish subtitles for some of the extras
- Easter egg of Martin Gore singing Surrender in his dressing room. To view this, go to The Screening, highlight In Your Room, hit the right arrow on your DVD remote three times. The glasses of the face on the menu should turn red. If so, hit enter to see the easter egg.
- All songs written by Martin Gore
UMD: Mute Film/DMUMD1 (UK)
- same tracks as first DVD
Charts and certifications
|German Albums Chart||54||Platinum|
|UK Albums Chart||4|
|U.S. Billboard Top Music Video Sales||13||Gold|
- Dave Gahan – lead vocals
- Martin Gore – guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, lead vocals
- Andy Fletcher – keyboards, backing vocals
- Christian Eigner – drums
- Peter Gordeno – keyboards, piano, backing vocals
- Jordan Bailey – backing vocals
- Georgia Lewis – backing vocals
- "depeche mode dot com". Depechemode.com. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Daniel Barassi. "depeche mode dot com". Onipdvd.depechemode.com. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank ('One Night in Paris')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Recording Industry Association of America". RIAA. Retrieved 29 February 2012.