One Nite Alone... Tour
|One Nite Alone... Tour|
|North American tour by Prince|
|Associated album||One Nite Alone...|
|Start date||March 1, 2002|
|End date||November 29, 2002|
|Shows||26 in North America
9 in Canada
20 in Europe
9 in Japan
|Prince tour chronology|
The Rainbow Children is once again part of the album promotion, but sales remain very slight. The album title is One Nite Alone ... whose songs cover most of the program. We also hear songs from the album C-Note, released in 2003. In addition, Prince classics are finally re-played. Prince tries to create a jazzy atmosphere. This tour features celebrities such as Larry Graham, Doug E. Fresh, Sheila E., Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Nikka Costa, Questlove, Musiq Soulchild and George Clinton . Despite criticism impetuous [unclear], the tour was a success by the number of tickets sold rather colossal [evasive] . This finally marks the return of Prince on the cards after his trial. Sets and lighting effects are worked, the show becomes interesting. Prince shows his side as an actor and he did a lot of scales [What?] on piano. The rooms are mostly theaters a few thousand seats. This choice was justified by the assurance of giving all sold out shows.
The NPG was again changed for this tour. Kip Blackshire and Morris Hayes left the band and were replaced by Renato Neto on keyboard. Funk legend Greg Boyer (and often his partner Maceo Parker) joined the horn section. Other saxophonists who played with the band on selected dates were Najee, Candy Dulfer and Eric Leeds.
- Prince — Vox, Guitar, Bass, Keyboard / Piano, Drums
- John Blackwell — Drums
- Rhonda Smith — Bass
- Renato Neto — Keyboard
- Greg Boyer — Trombone
- Maceo Parker — Saxophone on selected dates
- Najee — Saxophone, Flute on selected dates
- Candy Dulfer — Saxophone on selected dates
- Eric Leeds — Saxophone on selected dates
- Dudley D — Turntables on selected dates
Typical set list
- "Rainbow Children"
- "Muse 2 The Pharaoh"
- "A Case of You" Joni Mitchell cover
- "1+1+1 Is 3" incl. "Love Rollercoaster"
- "The Other Side Of The Pillow"
- "Strange Relationship"
- "Sing a Simple Song"
- "La La La Means I Love You"
- "Didn't Cha Know"
- "When You Were Mine"
- "Family Name"
- "Take Me with U"
- "Raspberry Beret"
- "Another Star"
- Santana Medley (incl. Jungle Strut / Batuka / Soul Sacrifice / Toussaint L'Overture)
- Piano Medley
- "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
- "Anna Stesia"
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2012)|