Beats per Minute (website)
One Thirty BPM's main page in January 2011.
Type of site
|Created by||Evan Kaloudis|
|Launched||October 5th, 2008|
|494,280 (April 2014[update])|
|Current status||On indefinite hiatus|
Beats Per Minute (formerly One Thirty BPM) is a New York and Los Angeles-based online publication providing reviews, news, media, interviews, features, and more from both the independent and mainstream spheres of the music world. Beats Per Minute covers a wide variety of genres but specializes in rock, hip hop, and electronic music. The site changed its name from One Thirty BPM to Beats Per Minute in January 2012.
Founded in late 2008 as a five-man operation, Beats Per Minute has since expanded to a staff of over 50 contributors based in the U.S., U.K., New Zealand, Germany, Australia, and Sweden.
Albums awarded a 100% score
Beats Per Minute awards both new releases and reissues on a 0-100% point scale. Here are a list of releases that have been awarded the perfect 100% score.
On initial release:
On reissue and compilations:
- The Beatles - 1967-1970 (The Blue Album)
- The Beatles - Abbey Road
- The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album)
- The Beatles - Past Masters
- The Beatles - Revolver
- The Beatles - Rubber Soul
- The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- David Bowie - Station to Station
- The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
- The Smiths - The Sound of The Smiths
- Weezer - Pinkerton
- "Beatsperminute.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "BEHIND THE BLOG – ONE THIRTY BPM - The Recommender". The Recommender. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "RIP One Thirty BPM…". Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- "From Busboy to Breakout Music Blogger". Fordham Observer. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "Beats Per Minute (formerly One Thirty BPM) Profile at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- "About | Beats Per Minute". Beats Per Minute. Retrieved February 14, 2012.