One True Voice
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|One True Voice|
|Associated acts||Girls Aloud|
|Past members||Anton Gordon
One True Voice were a British boy band created on the ITV television series Popstars: The Rivals, which also produced girl group Girls Aloud. The band was created by the public, who voted for their favourite hopefuls each week. The male runners-up formed the boyband Phixx.
The group, whose name was later shortened to OTV, was made up of:
- Anton Gordon (from Louth, Lincolnshire)
- Matt Johnson (from Mancot, Wales)
- Daniel Pearce (from Kent, England)
- Keith Semple (from Larne, Northern Ireland)
- Jamie Shaw (from Cardiff, Wales)
Band members' activities after OTV
- Anton Gordon continues with musical projects, including a joint single with Winta entitled "Hot Romance (Rok With You)". Anton Gordon auditioned for The X Factor in 2006, but did not make it through the preliminary screening. His music is available through his MySpace site.
- Matt Johnson signed a solo contract with Jive Records, but left the label after being unhappy with the music direction. Most recently, matt has been involved with a solo project 'Matt and the monkey' http://www.youtube.com/mattandthemonkey and has been making YouTube videos since October 2013. He also founded entertainment company http://www.ukweddingsinger.com providing wedding singers and entertainment to weddings and corporate events. He also runs his own recording studio in North Wales.
- Daniel Pearce played a lead role in the musical Jailhouse Rock in London's West End, and makes his music available through his official MySpace. Pearce auditioned for the 6th series of The X Factor in 2009, by singing Seal's "Kiss From a Rose". He made it through the auditions, boot camp (singing Prince's "Purple Rain") and eventually made it to Judges' Houses (singing George Michael's "Praying for Time"). His mentor Simon Cowell, however, did not choose him for the finals. He was a backing singer for Dizzee Rascal when he performed on Jools Hollands 2009/2010 Hootenanny and also on the Top of The Pops 2009 show when he sang on the track "Holiday". He continues to be a backing singer for Dizzee Rascal and appeared on his No.1 hit "Dirtee Disco".
- Keith Semple initially reformed his pre-OTV band, the Keith Semple Band, then fronted the band Alibi. He is now based in Chicago and performs with the band 7th Heaven. He maintains an official website and MySpace. He successfully auditioned in 2010 for the ninth season of American Idol, singing "Heaven" by Bryan Adams, but lost his place due to immigration problems.
- Jamie Shaw continues to produce music. On April 28, 2006, he released his solo single "Different" through Rockin' Nation Music. In the UK, he supported the Backstreet Boys for some of their live dates. In May 2006, he was on tour in Germany and Austria with boyband US5 for 18 shows. His music is available through his MySpace site. He has worked Dublin currently.
|2002||"Sacred Trust/After You're Gone"||2||9||Non-album songs|
|2003||"Shakespeare's (Way With) Words"||10||39|
- "Popstar Winner Anton Gordon Turned Away From X Factor @ Unreality TV". Unrealitytv.co.uk. 2006-08-29. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- Friday, June 26, 2009, 11:28 BST (2009-06-26). "TV - News - One True Voice star in 'X Factor' audition". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "suntimes". suntimes. Retrieved 2011-01-02.[dead link]
- "Chart Stats - One True Voice". chartstats.com. Archived from the original on 19 January 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "irishcharts.com - Discography Once True Voice". Hung Medien. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "BPI Searchable Database". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 20 March 2011.