One of These Days (Marcus Hummon song)
|"One of These Days"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Everywhere|
|Released||March 9, 1998|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"One of These Days" is a song co-written and originally recorded by American country music singer Marcus Hummon on his 1995 album All in Good Time. It was later covered by Tim McGraw, whose version is the fourth single from his 1997 album Everywhere. It peaked at number two in the United States, and number one in Canada.
This song contains the message of self forgiveness. A man reflects on his bullying of a kid who was different and on the high school sweetheart who he left behind after she finally went all the way with him, and he reveals that the hurt he caused others was rooted in a deep loathing of himself.
- A1 One Of These Days
- A2 Just To See You Smile
- B1 One Of These Days
- B2 Just To See You Smile
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song an A grade, saying that if you are "looking to close a three act song with a dramatic resolution, 'born again' is the way to go."
"One of These Days" debuted at number 73 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 14, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||53|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||45|
"I Just Want to Dance with You"
by George Strait
|RPM Country Tracks
June 22, 1998
"The Shoes You're Wearing"
by Clint Black
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 228.
- CountryUniverse.net Song review
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. June 22, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|