One of Those Nights (Tim McGraw song)
|"One of Those Nights"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Two Lanes of Freedom|
|Released||November 12, 2012|
|Writer(s)||Luke Laird, Rodney Clawson and Chris Tompkins|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"One of Those Nights" is the title of a song recorded by American country music artist Tim McGraw from his album Two Lanes of Freedom. It was released on November 12, 2012 as his second single for Big Machine Records. The song was written by Luke Laird, Rodney Clawson and Chris Tompkins.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song three stars out of five, writing that "McGraw certainly sounds refreshed on this new song from a new record label partner, but much like songs late in his career with Curb, it feels like an attempt is made to make every moment a huge moment." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, calling it "a sweet little song with one of McGraw's most engaging vocals and a well-produced backing track." Ben Foster of Country Universe gave the song a C grade, saying that "a better hook could have compensated to some extent for the generally uninspiring lyrical content, but the way it is, there’s precious little for the listener to grab onto."
"One of Those Nights" debuted at number 29 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of November 17, 2012. It also debuted at number 96 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of December 15, 2012. It also debuted at number 77 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of November 17, 2012. On the chart dated March 9, 2013, it became McGraw's first number one since "Felt Good on My Lips" in January 2011.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||38|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||32|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||1|
"Better Dig Two"
by The Band Perry
|Billboard Country Airplay
March 9–23, 2013
"Sure Be Cool If You Did"
by Blake Shelton
|Billboard Canada Country
March 9, 2013
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||673,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Hackett, Vernell (November 9, 2012). "Tim McGraw, 'Two Lanes of Freedom' Lets 'Horses Gallop'". The Boot. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Conaway, Alanna (November 26, 2012). "Tim McGraw, ‘One of Those Nights’ – Lyrics Uncovered". Taste of Country. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Dukes, Billy (October 30, 2012). "Tim McGraw, ‘One of Those Nights’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Bjorke, Matt (October 30, 2012). "Single Review: Tim McGraw - "One Of Those Nights"". Roughstock. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Foster, Ben (November 3, 2012). "Single Review: Tim McGraw, “One of Those Nights”". Country Universe. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Tim McGraw – One Of Those Nights – Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Morris, Edward (November 10, 2012). "Taylor Swift Still Commands Country Album and Songs Chart". Country Music Television. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Canada Country for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Tim McGraw.
- "American single certifications – Tim McGraw – One of Those Nights". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 26, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- Matt Bjorke (April 10, 2013). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles: The Week of April 10 2013: "Crash My Party" Debuts; FGL's "Cruise Remix" Tops Chart". Roughstock. Retrieved April 13, 2013.