One of the Boys (Katy Perry album)
|One of the Boys|
|Studio album by Katy Perry|
|Released||June 17, 2008|
|Recorded||September 2006–March 2008|
|Katy Perry chronology|
|Singles from One of the Boys|
One of the Boys is the second studio album and major-label debut by American recording artist Katy Perry. Her change in record label, and adoption of a pseudonymous surname accompanies a notable shift from the Christian rock of her self-titled debut album. The album was released on June 17, 2008 by Capitol Music Group.
The album features the Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "I Kissed a Girl", as well as top three hit "Hot n Cold", top ten hit "Waking Up in Vegas", and top thirty hit "Thinking of You". The album earned Katy Perry two Grammy Award nominations in 2009 and 2010. One of the Boys has sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.
- 1 Background
- 2 Themes and style
- 3 Release and promotion
- 4 Singles
- 5 Reception
- 6 Track listing
- 7 Awards and live performances
- 8 Charts and certifications
- 9 Credits and personnel
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Perry has stated that she had been working on the album since she was eighteen years old. During the making of the album Perry was dropped from two record labels and went through two canceled albums. During this time, Perry had written close to seventy songs. Perry collaborated with notable producers Greg Wells, Dr. Luke, Dave Stewart, and Max Martin among others on the album. Perry co-wrote every song on the album as well as writing three of the songs herself.
Once signed to Capitol, label head Jason Flom started work on a new album by convincing Dr. Luke to go back into the studio with Perry, with the two having already worked together on the abandoned Columbia sessions. Together with Max Martin they wrote and cut "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot n Cold". Perry then collaborated again with Greg Wells, who she had also worked with on the Columbia album, creating the songs "Ur So Gay" and "Mannequin". According to Perry's A&R Chris Anokute they ended up with five new songs and then chose the six best songs from the shelved Columbia album to compile One of the Boys. When talking about the songs on the album Perry said that she released the single "Ur So Gay" as an introduction to the album:
|“||The album will have a lot of the same characteristics [as "Ur So Gay"], though. There will be lots of storytelling, because lyrics are important to me. There are a few songs that will make you cry, but there are others to make you dance and sing. Every song is on the album for a specific reason.||”|
Themes and style
Although Perry's musical style and way of composing ironic and bawdy songs has been heavily compared to the style of singers Avril Lavigne and Lily Allen, the singer was actually influenced by artists and bands like Queen (Freddie Mercury in particular), The Beach Boys, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Cyndi Lauper, and Alanis Morissette. All songs on the album were written by Perry, assisted by musicians Greg Wells, Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Cathy Dennis, Desmond Child, Andreas Carlsson, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz, S*A*M and Sluggo, Ted Bruner, Scott Cutler, Anne Preven, Dave Stewart, and Glen Ballard. The album includes several tracks that tell stories — a balance of sad songs and happier tunes. About these opposites, she said, "I think people can appreciate a songwriter who shows different sides..... I've put everything into [this album] and I feel like it's my baby."
Her first EP, Ur So Gay, which contains the album's promotional single, "Ur So Gay", was composed as a tool of revenge by the singer on her ex-boyfriend, where Perry satirizes his exaggerated emo style and metrosexual attitude. The lead single "I Kissed a Girl" generated some controversy, dealing with the subject of lesbianism. The song was inspired by actress Scarlett Johansson. In the second single "Hot n Cold", Perry discusses the theme of uncertainty and the ups and downs of relationships. Other songs like "I'm Still Breathing" and "Thinking of You", both ballads, recounted failed relationships. According to the singer, "Lost" is the most personal song on the album, because its theme is similar to her biographical events. "Waking Up in Vegas" deals with eccentric and crazy trips with friends to Las Vegas. Just like "Ur So Gay" and "Hot n Cold", the songs "Mannequin" and "If You Can Afford Me" are mocking and critical of relationships with ex-boyfriends.
Release and promotion
The album was first released on June 17, 2008. It was released in separate editions: the standard edition; the Australia Tour edition, which contains the standard CD plus a bonus CD with exclusive songs, an acoustic version of "Thinking of You" and remixes; the special edition, which is packaged in a digipak and contains four bonus tracks; and the Japan re-issue. Europe, Japan, and iTunes editions contain bonus tracks.
Upon its release, the singer has been heavily criticized for her song, "Ur So Gay", considered by the site The New Gay to be homophobic. The author of the publication added, "It's time to Katy Perry to stop talking nonsense" because "the song trots out a number of tired gay stereotypes to condemn one of Perry's ex-boyfriends and includes a paradoxical chorus". Jane Czyzselska from The Guardian commented that "Perry's song is a rather sweet, refreshing antidote to the avalanche of overtly sexualized boy-grinds-girl songs." She promoted the song in Portugal, and it was not very well received by the public. Her first single, "I Kissed a Girl", became a worldwide controversy. Despite the context, Perry is heterosexual. She has been strongly criticized by the LGBT community, who believe that the singer used music to make money and not on behalf of homosexuals, and by critics who claimed that music leads the girls to be lesbian. The song was criticized by the local headquarters of the evangelical Havens Corners Church, which has set the following sentence in its garden in September 2008: "I kissed a girl and liked it. So I went to hell." To promote the album Perry embarked on three tours, Warped Tour 2008, and her first solo world tour Hello Katy Tour with 89 shows performed, and as opening act in No Doubt's Summer Tour 2009.
The album's lead single, "I Kissed a Girl" was released in late April and subsequently soared up the charts. "I Kissed a Girl" was a commercial success. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the 1000th chart-topper of the rock era. The song has since become a major worldwide hit, and along with the United States, it has topped the charts in more than thirty countries, including Australia, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. The second single, "Hot n Cold", made it onto the chart after the album came out due to digital downloads. It was released in early September, and peaked at number three on the US charts, making it Perry's second consecutive top five single. On November 14, the song became Perry's first number one on radio airplay. It is officially one of the ten best-selling digitally downloaded songs of all time after its initial run.
"Thinking of You", the penultimate single, was originally planned to be the first single from the album, but was scrapped for "I Kissed a Girl" due to its surge in popularity. "Thinking of You" received a video in late April 2008, but the video was removed from YouTube and replaced by a new video after the single was re-released as the third international single from the album. Perry shot the second video with director Melina Matsoukas in the first week of December 2008. The video for the single was released on December 23. The track peaked at number twenty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100 on the week of February 12, 2009 where it remained for the next two weeks before declining to number thirty-one in its seventh week on the chart. "Waking Up in Vegas" is the fourth and final single from the album. It went for radio adds on April 21 in the US. It was released to Australian radio on March 23, where it became the fourth most added song in its release week. Perry performed it on American Idol in May, resulting in a surge of sales for the song. The music video was shot by Joseph Kahn during March 2009 in Las Vegas and officially premiered on the iTunes Store in the US, and Australia on April 28, 2009.
The title track, "One of the Boys", peaked at number forty in Australia Singles Top 50 for five weeks until January 2009. The song is the second to be performed on the shows of the tour Hello Katy Tour in 2009 and was also performed on live during the recording of KISS-FM Live. "If You Can Afford Me" peaked at number twenty-eight on the New Zealand Top 40, where it remained for three weeks. The album's singles, digital tracks, and mobile products have sold more than twenty-two million copies worldwide.
|The A.V. Club||(D-)|
|The Boston Globe||(mixed)|
|The New York Times||(mixed)|
The album received generally mixed reviews from critics. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album has received a score of 47, citing "mixed or average reviews". Despite some unfavorable reviews, the album did receive some positive reviews, such as from Billboard magazine who claimed, "not since Jagged Little Pill has a debut album been so packed with potential hits." Blender described the album as "Perry's creative-writing-class punch lines don't always justify her self-congratulatory drag-queen tone. But she hiccups quirkily enough, and myriad big-name producers (from Dr. Luke to Glen Ballard) keep the new-wave synth hooks hopping." More often, critical reception ranged to generally negative reviews, plus some mixed. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic gave the album two out of five stars noting that the album "sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade." On the album, Uncut wrote "Gwen Stefani should be nervous" while Slant Magazine wrote that "Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction". The NME wrote that "Madonna and Perez Hilton may be fans, then, but if you've got even a passing interest in actually enjoying a record, don't buy this one".
One of the Boys debuted at number nine on the US Billboard 200, with 47,000 copies sold in the first-week released. The album has shipped, and has sold nearly 1.5 million copies, earning a platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The album has been on the chart for eighty-four weeks. In Canada, the album debuted at number ten, and peaked at number six, It has since been certified double platinum by Music Canada. In the United Kingdom, the album debuted, and peaked at number eleven on the UK Albums Chart. It has since been certified platinum. In Australia, it debuted at number eleven, the album has been certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA), denoting over 70,000 copies sold. In New Zealand, the album debuted and peaked at number seventeen. It has since been certified Gold, shipping over 7,500 copies.
|1.||"One of the Boys"||Katy Perry||Butch Walker||4:07|
|2.||"I Kissed a Girl"||
|3.||"Waking Up in Vegas"||
|4.||"Thinking of You"||Perry||Walker||4:06|
|6.||"Ur So Gay"||
|7.||"Hot n Cold"||
|8.||"If You Can Afford Me"||
||S*A*M and Sluggo||3:18|
|11.||"I'm Still Breathing"||Stewart||3:48|
|iTunes Store bonus track|
|13.||"I Think I'm Ready"||
|iTunes Store Deluxe edition bonus tracks|
|14.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Rock Remix)||
|15.||"I Kissed a Girl" (music video)||3:05|
|Wal-Mart special edition bonus download|
|13.||"A Cup of Coffee"||
|Japanese edition bonus tracks|
|13.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Rock Mix)||
|14.||"A Cup of Coffee"||
|New edition bonus tracks (Japanese / Korean)|
|13.||"Hot n Cold" (Manhattan Clique Remix Radio Edit)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin||Dr. Luke, Manhattan Clique, Benny Blanco||3:52|
|14.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Morgan Page Remix - Main)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, Cathy Dennis||Dr. Luke, Morgan Page, Benny Blanco||4:03|
|15.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Video)||3:10|
|16.||"Hot n Cold" (Video)||3:48|
|17.||"Thinking of You" (Video)||4:07|
|Platinum vinyl edition: Bonus remix EP|
|1.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Dr. Luke & Benny Blanco Extended Remix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, Cathy Dennis||Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco||6:05|
|2.||"I Kissed a Girl" (The Knocks Remix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, Cathy Dennis||Dr. Luke, The Knocks, Benny Blanco||4:36|
|3.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Norman & Atalla Main Mix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, Cathy Dennis||Dr. Luke, Christopher Norman, Anthony Attalla, Benny Blanco||3:42|
|4.||"I Kissed a Girl" (Morgan Page Main Mix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, Cathy Dennis||Dr. Luke, Morgan Page, Benny Blanco||4:03|
|5.||"Hot n Cold" (Innerpartysystem Main Mix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin||Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, Innerpartysystem||4:37|
|6.||"Hot n Cold" (Bimbo Jones Remix Radio Edit)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin||Dr. Luke, Bimbo Jones, Benny Blanco||3:50|
|7.||"Hot n Cold" (Manhattan Clique Long Edit)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin||Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, Manhattan Clique||4:38|
|8.||"Hot n Cold" (Yelle Remix)||Katy Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin||Dr. Luke, Yelle, Benny Blanco||6:03|
Awards and live performances
|2008 Spike Guys' Choice Awards|
|So You Think You Can Dance||
|2008 MTV Video Music Awards||
|Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica 2008||
|51st Grammy Awards||
|2009 NRJ Music Awards||
|2009 Echo Awards|
Charts and certifications
Credits and personnel
The following people contributed to One of the Boys:
- Chris Anokute; A&R
- Nick Banns; Engineer
- Benny Blanco; Drums, producer, programming
- Doug Boehm; Engineer
- Jeff Bova; Programming
- Ted Bruner; Composer
- Paul Bushnell; Bass
- Michael Caffery; Drum engineering, drum producer, engineer
- Andreas Carlsson; Composer
- Daniel Chase; Keyboards, programming
- Desmond Child; Composer
- Angelica Cob-Baehler; A&R
- Scott Cutler; Composer, guitar, producer
- Cathy Dennis; Composer, background vocals
- Darren Dodd; Drums
- Ned Douglas; Engineer, programming
- Michael Elins; Photography
- Mike Fennel; Drum engineering
- Brian "Big Bass" Gardner; Mastering
- Aniela Gottwald; Engineer
- Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald; Composer, producer
- Sean Gould; Engineer, guitar
- Gary Grant; Horn section
- Paul David Hager; Engineer
- John Hanes; Mixing
- Jerry Hey; Horn arrangements, horn section
- Dan Higgins; Horn section
- Sam Hollander; Composer, programming
- Shayne Ivy; Design, illustrations
- Dave Katz; Guitar, programming
- David Katz; Composer
- Stephanie Kubiak; Coordination
- Bill Malina; Engineer
- Max Martin; Composer, guitar, producer
- Katy Perry; Composer, piano, producer, vocals, human whistle
- Anne Preven; Composer, producer
- Kitty Purry; Assistant
- Bill Reichenbach Jr.; Horn section
- Tim Roberts; Assistant
- S*A*M; Producer, composer
- Ed Sherman; Art direction
- Gary "G" Silver; Production coordination
- Sluggo; Producer
- Dave Stewart; Composer, guitar, musician, producer
- Butch Walker; Musician, producer
- Greg Wells; Bass, beats, composer, engineer, guitar, musician, piano, producer
- Steven Wolf; Drums
- Emily Wright; Engineer
- Joe Zook; Mixing
- "One of the Boys: Pop singer Katy Perry talks about her forthcoming album". Cross Rhythms. 2008-02-19. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Weekly US music releases: Katy Perry, Usher, Eels, and Fantasia". The Independent (Independent Print Limited). 2010-08-27. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- Burr, Mike (2008-02-06). "Katy Perry: Interview". Prefix. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "Katy Perry to Release Debut Album 'One of the Boys' | News @". Ultimate-guitar.com. 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Interview with Chris Anokute". HitQuarters. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Climatempo (2008-09-30). "Katy Perry é revelação do mesmo filão de Avril Lavigne e Lily Allen" (in Portuguese). Abril.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Freddie Mercury inspired Katy Perry to 'Kiss a Girl' | News". Nme.com. 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Katy Perry – Descubra músicas, vídeos, shows, estatísticas e fotos na Last.fm" (in Portuguese). Lastfm.com.br. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Katy Perry -One of the Boys- Album Press Release | MVRemix Urban". Mvremix.com. 2008-07-15. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Nekesa Mumbi Moody Da AP (2008-03-15). "G1 > Música - NOTÍCIAS - Cantora faz música para se vingar de ex-namorado 'gay'" (in Portuguese). G1.globo.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Katy Perry diz que 'I Kissed a Girl' é inspirada em Scarlett - Terra - Música" (in Portuguese). Musica.terra.com.br. 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Amazon.com: One of the Boys: Australian Tour Edition (Slip): Katy Perry: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "KATY PERRY One of the Boys CD IN DIGIPAK - Music CDs". Atomic Mall. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "Amazon.com: One of the Boys (Special Edition) (Incl. Bonus Tracks): Katy Perry: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "Folha Online - Ilustrada - Ex-gospel, cantora faz sucesso com beijo lésbico - 28/08/2008" (in Portuguese). www1.folha.uol.com.br. 2008-08-28. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Katy Perry: The New Gay Interview". The New Gay. 2008-06-10. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Czyzselska, Jane (2008-08-08). "A kiss is just a kiss". The Guardian (London).
- "Revista VEJA" (in Portuguese). 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Evangélicos associam música de Katy Perry ao inferno » Universo Mix" (in Portuguese). Universomix.info. Retrieved 2011-12-11.[dead link]
- ":: Dykerama - Katy Perry criticada por música sobre beijo lésbico ::" (in Portuguese). Dykerama.uol.com.br. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "The Billboard Hot 100". Billboard. 2009-01-14.[dead link]
- "Week Ending March 1, 2009: They're Not Exactly 'Burnin' Up' - Chart Watch". New.music.yahoo.com. 2009-03-04. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "Music Video News: SHOT: Katy Perry - Melina, director". Video Static. 2008-12-03. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "News". Katy Perry. Retrieved 2009-12-28.[dead link]
- "Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- The Music Network[dead link]
- "Katy Perry // Official Website // Katy Perry Says 'Summer Starts Now'!". Katyperry.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "One of the Boys reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "AllMusic ((( One of the Boys > Overview )))". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- Koski, Genevieve (2008-07-07). "Katy Perry: One of the Boys". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "One of the Boys". Blender. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "UR so familiar but still fun - The Boston Globe". Boston.com. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Lynskey, Dorian (2008-09-19). "CD: Katy Perry, One of the Boys | Music". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "New CDs". The New York Times. 2008-06-16.
- Frehsee, Nicole (2008-06-26). "One of the Boys - Katy Perry - Review". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- Hohman, Charles A. (2008-07-01). "Katy Perry: One of the Boys < PopMatters". Popmatters.com. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Katy Perry: One of the Boys". Slant Magazine. 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Anderson, Stacey (2008-06-25). "Katy Perry, 'One of the Boys' (Capitol)". Spin.com. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Katy Perry:One of the Boys (2008): Reviews". Metacritic. CNET Networks, Inc. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Mason, Kerri (2009-09-14). "One of the Boys". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "Katy Perry:One of the Boys Review on Blender". Blender. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Katy Perry:One of the Boys Review on Slant Magazine". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Katy Perry:One of the Boys Review on NME". NME. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Caulfield, Keith (2010-08-01). "Katy Perry Doubles Up No. 1s on Billboard 200, Digital Songs Charts". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media). Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Week Ending March 27, 2011: Songs: Katy Moves Up - Yahoo! Chart Watch". New.music.yahoo.com. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "Gold and Platinum". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "CRIA Gold & Platinum Certification". Canadian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2008 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Albums - RadioScope New Zealand". Radioscope.net.nz. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "DISCOGRAPHY ｜ KATY PERRY / ケイティ・ペリー". EMI Music Japan (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "One of the Boys (Special Edition) (Incl. Bonus Tracks)". Amazon. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Australian Albums Chart". Ariacharts.com.au. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Austrian Albums Chart". Austriancharts.at. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Belgian (Flanders) Albums Chart". Ultratop.be. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Belgian (Wallonia) Albums Chart". Ultratop.be. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "AllMusic ((( Katy Perry > Awards )))". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). ifpicr.cz. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- Hung, Steffen. "Danish Albums Chart". Danishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Dutch Albums Chart". Dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Finnish Albums Chart". Finnishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Tops : une onzième semaine en tête pour Seal" (in French). Chartsinfrance.net. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "Ελληνικό Chart" (in Greek). Ifpi.gr. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "German Albums Chart". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Hungarian Albums Chart". Mahasz. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "Irish Albums Chart". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "FIMI - Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana - Classifiche" (in Italian). Fimi.it. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Mexico Albums Chart". Mexicancharts.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "New Zealand Albums Chart". Rianz.org.nz. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Discography Katy Perry". Norweigancharts.com. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "Polish Albums Chart" (in Polish). Empik.com. 2008-09-22. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Portuguese Albums Chart". Portuguesecharts.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Spanish Albums Chart". Promusicae.org. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Hung, Steffen. "Katy Perry on Swedish Charts". Swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Swiss Albums Cha". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "UK Albums Chart". Acharts.us. 2011-12-04. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "ARIA Top 100 Albums 2008". Aria.com.au. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "European Top 100 Albums". Music. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- "End of Year Charts: 2010". UKChartsPlus. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- :: MTV | Album Jahrescharts 2009 | Charts[dead link]
- "Swiss Year-End Charts 2009". Media Control. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Pink tops the ARIA top 100 chart". Adelaide Now. 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2008 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Katy Perry search Gold & Platin". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry Austria. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "Ultratop 50 Albums 23/5/2009". Ultratop. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "Gold and Platinum Search (One of the Boys)". Music Canada. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Danske Album Top-40 – Uge 17 – 2009". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (in Danish). Hitlisten. NU. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "IFPI Platinum Europe Awards > 2009 Albums". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 01-02-2010.
- "French album certifications" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank ('One of the Boys')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- Ward, Jaclyn. "IRMA – Irish Charts Certifications". Irishcharts.ie. Fireball Media Ltd. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Swedish Singles Chart Vecka 44". Sverigetopplistan. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards ('One of the Boys')". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "BPI Certified Awards Search". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "RIAA – Searchable Database: One of the Boys". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
|Awards and achievements|
Blackout by Britney Spears
|NRJ Music Award for International Album of the Year
One Love by David Guetta