Online Armor Personal Firewall
Online Armor 220.127.116.11 Free running on Windows XP with Service Pack 3
|Developer(s)||Emsi Software GmbH, Tall Emu Pty Ltd|
|Stable release||18.104.22.1686 / October 15, 2013|
|Operating system||32-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and 64bit on Windows 7 and Windows 8|
|Size||Online Armor Free: 21 MB
Online Armor Premium: 21 MB
Online Armor ++: 21 MB
|Available in||English, Italian, French, Dutch|
|Type||Personal firewall, Antivirus software, Spyware removal software|
|License||Online Armor Free: Freeware
Online Armor Premium: Shareware
Online Armor Personal Firewall is a firewall originally developed by Australian company Tall Emu. Until the program was sold to Emsi Software GmbH. The program provides protection on a Microsoft Windows operating system from both inbound and outbound attacks. There are three editions of this product:
- Online Armor Free is freeware but is licensed for personal use only and has a limited featureset.
- Online Armor Premium is a more comprehensive commercial firewall that includes anti-phishing and anti-spam capabilities.
|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (November 2009)|
In an independent proactive security challenge test  performed by matousec.com, Online Armor Premium received a score of 99%, surpassing more well-known firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky Internet Security. A well known vulnerability profiling site and company, Secunia, had not found any vulnerabilities as of March, 2008 in the software, though Matousec reported a weakness 25 March 2008 that has been repaired in the latest version.
Online Armor has gained both negative and positive feedback during its fairly short existence, with some users reporting serious compatibility problems with certain programs, such as F-Secure and Ad Muncher, as noted in the product website, but also receiving praise for its free online support and for its swift response to problems.
- "Download Online Armor and Online Armour ++ - Free or Trial".
- "Firewall Software Range - Online Armor". Tall Emu Pty Ltd. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- "Matousec Proactive Security Challenge". Matousec.com. Retrieved 2010-01-29.
- "Matousec About Us -page". Matousec.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Online Armor 2.x at". Secunia.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Firewall challenge introduction, Latest news". Matousec.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Fileforum User Reviews of product". Fileforum.betanews.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.