Only One (U-KISS album)
|Studio album by U-KISS|
|Released||February 3, 2010 (South Korea)
March 31, 2010 (Philippines)
|Label||NH Media, KT Music
|Singles from Only One|
Before prepareations for U-KISS' first full-length album, Only One was finalized, "Without You" was the planned lead single. However on February 3, 2010, "Bingeul Bingeul" (original title: 빙글빙글; literal meaning Round and Round) was announced as the lead single. The song was released via digital download on February 2 of the same year. The song was first performed on KBS's music show Music Bank on February 3, 2010, and broadcast on February 5.
In an interview with Heo Min-nyeong, U-KISS explained the meaning of the song behind "Bingeul Bingeul". The group clarifies that when they sang "Man Man Ha Ni", an earlier song from their EP ContiUkiss, they gave out a message that says "don’t look at U-KISS as an easy group...”. With "Bingeul Beingeul", they tell people to listen to their song and keep it going round and round in their head. The song is accompanied by a heavy beat and an energetic transition of lyrics. Some vocals of the song are autotuned and accompanied by metallic instrumentals. The music video was filmed in a filming set in early January 2010. The video had a fair budget and was entirely shot in a studio, predominantly in blue with alternating brighter lights, with the lighting consistently changing. The taping was also featured on their reality show, UKiss Vampire. The video shows the members standing on a platform rounding into 360 degrees. The video first begins with the seven members standing while a half-way channel opens the beginning of the song. The chorus of the song features the group's so-called "Whirlwind Dance" or "Tornado Dance". A majority of the music video focuses on members singing their solo lines, while other parts focus mainly on their dance moves. Also in the music video are topless solo shots focusing on their tattoos.
After various performances in South Korea, Universal Records released the album in the Philippines on March 28. 2010. Premiere Entertainment Philippines (PEP Inc.) brought U-KISS to Manila for the first time to promote their album, and the group had three-day mall shows in the Philippines and appearances on GMA Network's Party Pilipinas and Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman. U-KISS set the record with the most number of albums sold in a mall event selling up to 5,000 copies of the album and earning an estimate of 1 million pesos. Following this, U-KISS held their first major concert, entitled "First Kiss Tour in Manila', on June 14, 2010 at the Araneta Coliseum. The event was later released on DVD entitled U-KISS 1st Kiss Tour in Manila DVD.
The album Only One reached number 2 on Gaon's Weekly Digital Charts and placed at number 71 on the 2010 Year-End Charts. On February 29, 2012 a Japanese version of "Bingeul Bingeul" was released as a part of U-KISS's first Japanese album, A Shared Dream.
|2.||"Bingeul Bingeul" (빙글빙글; Round & Round)||3:16|
|4.||"Mworago" (뭐라고; What)||3:29|
|5.||"Bang Bang Bang"||3:30|
|7.||"Man Man Ha Ni" (Remix} (만만하니; Am I That Easy?)||3:41|
|9.||"I Like You" (Remix) (니가 좋아)||3:40|
|10.||"Talk to Me" (Remix)||3:30|
|11.||"Not Young" (Remix) (어리지 않아)||3:02|
|12.||"Give It To Me" (Remix)||3:31|
|13.||"Bingeul Bingeul" (Instrumental)||3:18|
|Gaon Weekly Album Chart||2|
|Gaon Yearly Chart Album Chart||71|
|Gaon physical sales||20,911+|
- BumpThis: U-KISS Releases New M/V Bingeul Bingeul http://bumpthis.asia/2010/02/05/u-kiss-releases-bingeul-bingeul-%EB%B9%99%EA%B8%80%EB%B9%99%EA%B8%80-round-and-round/
- ContiUkiss Wordpress --Whirlwind Dance http://contiukiss.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/u-kiss-%E2%80%9Cbingeul-bingeul-round-and-round%E2%80%9D-comeback%E2%80%A6first-%E2%80%9Cstrong-guy%E2%80%9D-dance-now-blasting-with-whirlwind-dance/
- Bingeul Bingeul Gaining Popularity: Written by Ubiquitous Kiss. http://ubiquitouskiss.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/100226-u-kiss%E2%80%99-1st-full-album-%E2%80%98bingeul-bingeul%E2%80%99-is-gaining-popularity/
- Universal Records Philippines: U-KISS album to be released in the Philippines. http://universalrecph.blogspot.com/2010/03/universal-records-to-release-u-kiss.html
- Korean Updates: U-KISS Manila Mall Shows. http://koreanupdates.com/2010/03/09/u-kiss-in-manila-mall-show-schedule/
- Philippine Star: Article-- U-KISS First Kiss Tour in Manila http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=578764&publicationSubCategoryId=70
- "2010년 06주차 Album Chart". Gaon (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved February 12, 2015.
- "2010년 가온차트 부문별 Top 100위". Gaon (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 13, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- [U-KISS Official Japanese Website: NEWS http://u-kiss.jp/news.html] Retrieved February 5, 2012.