Only One Flo (Part 1)
|Only One Flo (Part 1)|
|Studio album by Flo Rida|
|Released||November 30, 2010|
(Los Angeles, California)
Conway Recording Studios
(Los Angeles, California)
(Los Angeles, California)
|Genre||Hip hop, hip house, dance|
|Label||Atlantic, Poe Boy|
|Producer||Axwell, DJ Frank E, Dada Life, Infinity, Antario "Tario" Holmes, Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, Boi-1da, Ester Dean, Los Da Mystro, David Guetta, Frédéric Riesterer, Knobody, Slade, Wayne-O, Mike Caren|
|Flo Rida chronology|
|Singles from Only One Flo (Part 1)|
Only One Flo (Part 1) is the third studio album by American hip hop artist Flo Rida, which was released on November 30, 2010, through Atlantic Records, and his own label Poe Boy Entertainment. The album was preceded by the singles "Club Can't Handle Me", and "Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)" which were released in June, and November 2010 respectively. The album received mixed reviews from critics, and peaked at number 107 on the Billboard 200, selling 11,000 copies in its first week in the US. It is currently his least successful release. It is also considerably short for a studio album, with 8 tracks which total up to less than 30 minutes.
"Only One Flo" is the first part of what was originally a two-in-one album, but the next album, Only One Rida (Part 2), was renamed Wild Ones. This album is Flo Rida's first one to be released without the Parental Advisory sticker. The album features guest appearances from Git Fresh, Akon, Laza Morgan, Kevin Rudolf, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, and was originally supposed to also feature guest appearances from Lil Wayne, and Jay Rock. Producers having collaborated with Flo Rida on the album include Axwell, DJ Frank E, Dada Life, Infinity, Antario "tario" Holmes, Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Benny Blanco, Boi-1da, Ester Dean, Los da Mystro, David Guetta, Frédéric Riesterer, Knobody, Slade, Wayne-O, Mike Caren, and David Siegel.
A promo single, titled "Zoosk Girl", which features T-Pain, was released on the Internet; though the song is not featured on the album, the single does have its own music video. On June 28, 2010, Flo Rida released the song "Club Can't Handle Me" featuring David Guetta, which was stated to be the official first single for the album. The song was also featured in the Step Up 3D soundtrack. On November 2, 2010, "Come with Me" was released as the first promo single for the album, along with "Puzzle", produced by, and featuring Electrixx, which isn't featured on the album. On November 16, 2010, "Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)" was released as the second official promo single for the album via the iTunes Store. It debuted on the Australian Singles Chart at number thirty-four on November 29, 2010. After the release of the album in the UK, "Who Dat Girl" featured akon started to receive a strong amount of downloads, thus causing it to debut at number 39 in US and 64 in UK. "Why You Up In Here" was released as the fourth single, and third promo single, on May 11, 2011. The song features Ludacris, Gucci Mane, and Git Fresh.
|The Smoking Section|||
The album debuted at number 107 on the Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 11,000 copies. The album also charted at number eighty-two in Australia. As of March 25, 2012 the album has sold 61,500 copies in the United States.
Upon its release, Only One Flo (Part 1) received generally mixed reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 55, based on six reviews, which indicates "mixed or average reviews".
David Jeffries of Allmusic gave the album three-and-a-half stars out of five, praising the Nightclub nature of the songs. He particularly complimented the production of "Who Dat Girl" and thought sampling of George Kranz and Yello on "Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)". Entertainment Weekly 's Mikael Wood gave the album a "C" rating, disappointed that the quality of the songs didn't go beyond that of "Club Can't Handle Me". He also felt that the appearance of guests Ludacris and Gucci Mane on "Why You Up in Here" outshone that of Flo Rida.
|1.||"On and On" (featuring Kevin Rudolf)||Tramar Dillard, Axwell, Mike Caren, Kevin Rudolf, Jacob Kasher||Axwell||2:58|
|2.||"Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)"||Dillard, Justin Franks, Priscilla Polete, Josh Thomas, Xplicit, Olle Cornéer, Stefan Engblom, George Kranz, Boris Blank, Dieter Meier, The Monsters & The Strangerz||DJ Frank E, Dada Life||3:20|
|3.||"Come with Me"||Dillard, Jordan Suecof, John "D.O.E." Maultsby, Carmen Key, Antario Dion Holmes, Rufus Lee Copper, Katari T. Cox, Yafeu A. Fula, Joseph Paquette, Tupac Shakur, Bruce Washington, Tyron J. Wrice||Infinity, Antario "Tario" Holmes||3:02|
|4.||"Who Dat Girl" (featuring Akon)||Dillard, Lukasz Gottwald, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence||Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco||3:19|
|5.||"21" (featuring Laza Morgan)||Dillard, Matthew Samuels, Julian Bunetta, Ester Dean, Tyler Williams, Jordan Lewis||Boi-1da, Ester Dean||3:52|
|6.||"Respirator"||Dillard, Carlos McKinney, Tony Scales||Los da Mystro||3:12|
|7.||"Club Can't Handle Me" (featuring David Guetta)||Dillard, David Guetta, Frédéric Riesterer, Caren, Key, Kasia Livingston, Giorgio Tuinfort||David Guetta, Frédéric Riesterer||3:52|
|8.||"Why You Up in Here" (featuring Ludacris, Git Fresh and Gucci Mane)||Dillard, Jerome Foster, Marcus Slade, Sydne George, Wayne Thomas, Radric Davis, Chris Bridges||Knobody, Slade, Wayne-O||3:36|
|iTunes deluxe edition bonus track|
|9.||"Momma"||Tramar Dillard, Mike Caren, David Siegel||Mike Caren||2:53|
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||82|
|Canadian Albums (Canadian Albums Chart)||70|
|UK Albums (OCC)||179|
|UK R&B Albums (OCC)||26|
|US Billboard 200||107|
|US R&B/Hip-Hop Albums||21|
|US Rap Albums||11|
- "Only One Flo, Pt. 1". iTunes Store Australia. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- 6/30/10 (2010-06-30). "Flo Rida, David Guetta Talk 'Big' Single 'Club Can't Handle Me' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Popular right now: (2010-08-20). "Flo Rida Talks Collaborations And New Album...". TaleTela. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1) - Deluxe Single by Flo Rida - Download Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1) - Deluxe Single on iTunes". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-11-16. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "ARIA Top 50 Singles Chart: 29/11/2010". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- "R&B Singles Chart". Theofficialcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Jeffries, David. "Review: Only One Flo, Pt. 1". allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Wood, Mikael (November 24, 2010). "Music Review: Only One Flo (Part 1) (2010)". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Juon, Steve Flo Rida :: Only One Flo (Part 1) :: Atlantic Records. RapReviews. Retrieved on 2010-12-19.
- T.C. (October 8, 2010). ""Club Can’t Handle Me" – Review Of Flo Rida’s Only One Flo (Part 1)". The Smoking Section. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Jesse Cataldo (November 28, 2010). "Music Review: Flo Rida: Only One Flow (Part 1)". Slant Magazine. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Concepcion, Mariel (December 8, 2010). "Soulja Boy, Flo Rida Flop On Billboard Album Chart". Billboard. New York City: Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 20, 2010.
- "Chartifacts - Week Commencing: 6th December 2010". Australian Recording Industry Association. December 6, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-12-08. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- "Only 1 Flo, Pt. 1 reviews at Metacritic.com". Metacritic. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "Only One Flo, Pt. 1 (Deluxe Version)". iTunes Store. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Only One Flo (Part 1) Chart Log UK. Retrieved August 2011
- "R&B Albums Chart". Theofficialcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Only one Flo, Billboard.com. Retrieved August 2011