Ontario is an unincorporated community in Lima Township, LaGrange County, Indiana.
Ontario was laid out in 1837. The community took its name from Lake Ontario. A post office opened at Ontario in 1846, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1943.
Ontario is located at 41°42′08″N 85°22′57″W / 41.70222°N 85.38250°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Counties of LaGrange and Noble, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. 1882. p. 145.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 251. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for Lake Ontario.
- ^ "LaGrange County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 9 December 2014.