Ontario Women's Directorate
The Ontario Women's Directorate is a government agency under the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration responsible for women's issues, specifically: violence against women and economic independence.
The directorate is overseen by a member of the Executive Council of Ontario (or provincial cabinet) - the Minister responsible for Women's Issues. The current Minister is the Honourable Teresa Piruzza.
A list of former and current ministers:
- Marion Boyd (1991-1995) New Democrat
- Dianne Cunningham (1995-2003) Progressive Conservative
- Sandra Pupatello (2003-2007) Liberal
- Deb Matthews (2007-2009) Liberal
- Laurel Broten (2009-2013) Liberal
- Teresa Piruzza (2013 - Present) Liberal
|This Ontario-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|