|Autonomous community||Valencian Community|
|• Alcalde||Jorge Rodríguez Gramage (2011) (PSPV-PSOE)|
|• Total||125.4 km2 (48.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||382 m (1,253 ft)|
|• Density||300/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Ontinyent (Valencian pronunciation: [ontiˈɲent]) is a municipality in the comarca of Vall d'Albaida in the Valencian Community, Spain. It is situated on the right bank of the Clariano or Ontinyent, a tributary of the Xúquer, and on the Xàtiva–Alcoi railway.
Ontinyent has a parish church remarkable for its lofty square tower, and a palace of the dukes of Almodòver. There is a large modern suburb outside the old town, which was formerly a walled city; some vestiges of the ramparts still remain. Linen and woollen cloth, paper, brandy, furniture and earthenware are manufactured; and there is some trade in cereals, wine, almonds and olive oil.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero former world no. 1 tennis player, was born in Ontinyent
- Joaquín Lloréns Fernández de Cordoba a Carlist soldier and politician, lived in Ontinyent 1879 to 1930
- Comparsa Saudites d'Ontinyent (in English) (en valencià) (en español)
- Ontinyent Tourist Information
- Weather in Ontinyent: Weather information for Ontinyent, as well as prior weather information, maps, and weather-related graphics (Catalan)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ontinyent.|
|This article about a location in the Valencian Community, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|