Wolf Girl and Black Prince
|Wolf Girl and Black Prince|
Cover of the first manga volume.
(Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji)
|Genre||Comedy, Romance, School|
|Written by||Ayuko Hatta|
|Original run||2011 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kenichi Kasai|
|Written by||Sawako Hirabayashi|
|Music by||Go Sakabe|
|Network||Tokyo MX, ytv, BS11, CTV|
|Original run||October 5, 2014 – ongoing|
Wolf Girl and Black Prince (オオカミ少女と黒王子 Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji?) is a Japanese shōjo manga series written by Ayuko Hatta. It was adapted into a drama CD in 2013. In 2014 the May issue of Shueisha's Bessatsu Margaret magazine is announcing that a television anime has been green-lit.
The story centers around Erika Shinohara, a vain 16-year-old girl who tells her friends about her romantic exploits, but she actually has no boyfriend. She claims that a handsome boy in a candid photo is her boyfriend, but it turns out that boy is a schoolmate named Kyōya Sata. She has no choice but to make him her fake boyfriend. Unfortunately, Sata may look like a sweet person, but he is actually an ultra-black-hearted sadist. Sata takes advantage of Erika's weakness and treats her like his dog.
- Kyouya Sata (佐田 恭也 Sata Kyouya?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (anime and drama CD)
- At the beginning, when Erika suggested her idea of faking lovers, Kyouya agrees to it with a "Prince Charming" attitude. However,shortly after, he blackmails her, torments her and makes her his "dog." Gradually he starts to care for her and becomes jealous whenever she gets close to other guys. He also develops a protective attitude towards her. As the series continues, he realizes that he actually likes her and that she is not just a way to pass the time. He is actually more of tsundere hiding under the disguise of a sadist. Kyouya also has an older sister who more or less shares his sadistic tendencies, and a fun-loving, rather hare-brained mother.
- Erika Shinohara (篠原エリカ Shinohara Erika?)
- Voiced by: Kanae Itō (anime and drama CD)
- Erika lies to her friends about having a boyfriend and takes a photo of a random guy to show as proof, but it turns out he goes to her school. After some pleading, he agrees to pretend to be her boyfriend under the condition that she be his "pet dog." She eventually falls for him, despite his cruel attitude towards her and desperately tries to win his affection.
- Ayumi Sanda (三田亜由美 Sanda Ayumi?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano (anime and drama CD)
- Also Known As: San-chan. A short-haired girl and Erika's only friend who knows the 'fake boyfriend' thing. She is also the classmate of Kyouya during their first year. She also admitted that Kyouya and her aren't close.
- Takeru Hibiya (日比谷健 Hibiya Takeru?)
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (anime and drama CD)
- Kyouya's best friend from middle school. A hot blooded man with a simple and clear personality. He tries to help Erika get Kyouya to fall for her.
- Nozomi Kamiya (神谷望 Kamiya Nozomi?)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (anime and drama CD)
- He's a super flashy guy and belongs in the same year as Kyouya and Erika. Also, he's a sort of a playboy type. He can easily remember the names he just acquainted to. Especially cute girls' name.
- Yū Kusakabe (日下部 憂 Kusakabe Yū?)
- Voiced by: Ayumu Murase (anime)
- An unconfident and shy outcast, deemed a "coward" by Kyouya. Erika becomes friends with him after discovering that under his quiet exterior is an earnest, kind-hearted person.
- Marin Tachibana (立花 マリン Tachibana Marin?)
- Voiced by: Mariya Ise (anime and drama CD)
- One of Erika's friends.
- Aki Tezuka (手塚 愛姫 Tezuka Aki?)
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (anime and drama CD)
- One of Erika's friends.
- Yoshito Kimura (木村良人 Kimura Yoshito?)
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (anime and drama CD)
- A boy in Erika's grade. He tries to get Erika to fall in love with him to get revenge on Kyouya.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)|
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Caught in Her Own Trap - Liar -"||October 5, 2014|
|Shinohara Erika tries to fit in at her new high school. She finds that her new friends; Marin and Tezuka only want to talk about their boyfriends, so Erika follows suit and makes one up. Her new friends start to believe she's lying about it, so Erika takes a picture of a good looking guy to convince her friends that she has one. It just happens that the boy she took the picture of was none other than Sata Kyouya, the prince of class 8. Erika tries to convince Kyouya to be her pretend boyfriend. He accepts with one condition: she must be his pet.|
|2||"A Rash and Blind Act - First Love -"||October 12, 2014|
|Had enough with Kyouya's frequent orders, Erika thinks about finding love and going out with someone for real. She finds herself being bullied by the back of a school building by some of Kyouya's fans. Just as it starts to get violent, Kimura, a kind boy, stops the girls from hurting Erika. After being bullied again, Kimura asks Erika to go out on the weekend while he cleans her wound in the nurse's office. Erika and Kimura meet on the weekend, but it turns out he only wanted to go out with her because she's Kyouya's girlfriend.|
|3||"A Precipitous Drop - Fall in -"||October 19, 2014|
|Erika is depressed because she hasn't heard from Kyouya during summer break. The next day she learns from her friend Ayumi that Kyouya had caught a cold and has been at home the whole time. Concerned about his cold Erika visits his apartment to deliver handouts where she finds out that he's the only one home. Kyouya at first rejects her attempts to take care of him, but relents after realizing that she really wants to care for him. During the time she spends taking care of him, Erika begins to admit that she has feelings for Kyouya and decides to confess but is having difficulty expressing them. One day when she goes to Kyouya's house to deliver some apple-pears she sees a woman come out of his door which pushes her to confess to him. After hearing her confession Kyouya is surprised but then brushes it off telling her that she's only imagining her love due to their situation. The rejection leaves Erika hurt where she shoves the apple-pears at him and runs off in tears.|
|4||"Daily Anguish - Love Attack -"||October 26, 2014|
|The woman leaving Kyouya's apartment reveals to Erika that Kyouya actually told her to leave saying he doesn't want to fool around with girls anymore because he got a new dog. When Erika reaffirms her love for Kyouya and asks if he likes her, he tells her to anguish over whether or not he does. Erika meets Kyouya's friend, Hibiya Takeru, and he decides to help Erika win over Kyouya by quizzing Kyouya about his preferences and having Erika enact them. When their plans fail, Takeru calls out Kyouya and Erika and confesses his love to Erika to make Kyouya take action. Kyouya is apathetic and Erika runs away crying. Kyouya then tells Takeru that he should stop scheming with Erika because he plans to fall in love with Erika in his own way.|
|5||"An Impregnable Defense - Christmas Eve -"||November 2, 2014|
|6||"Preparing for Battle - Valentine's Day -"||November 9, 2014|
|Erika laments the fact that after Christmas Eve, she and Kyouya did not spend any time together. At school, she sees him and when he teases her about being lonely she says it doesn't bother her because the necklace he gave her is proof of his love, but Kyouya tells her he can "throw her away" at any point. For Valentine's Day Erika makes Kyouya coffee-flavored cupcakes because he tells her that he hates sweet things. Erika gets to know her shy classmate, Kusakabe, when he forgets his wallet at the grocery store. She covers his bill and encourages him to be more confident. The next day she runs into Kusakabe again and when she finds out that his family gives him a hard time for not having a girlfriend, she gives him one of the cupcakes she made for Kyouya. Kyouya finds out and refuses to receive any of her cupcakes. Later Kusakabe confronts Kyouya about being a cruel boyfriend. Kyouya declares that Erika doesn't mean anything to him and that he just uses her to waste time. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Erika is at the bottom of the stairs and she heard Kyouya's declaration.|
|7||"Mutual Love - White Day -"||November 16, 2014|
|After hearing Kyouya say he didn't care about her at all, Erika ends her relationship with him and deepens her friendship with Kusakabe. After going on an outing with Kusakabe and her friend Ayumi Sanda, Kusakabe asks Erika on a real date on White Day. Erika agrees but she can't decide her true feelings towards him. At the end of the date, she realizes that Kusakabe is truly in love with her and she can't return his feelings, telling him that she is still in love with Kyouya. Kyouya appears and says he is taking Erika back. He grudgingly admits that he is in love with her in earnest.|
- Official anime website
- Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji at Shueisha (Japanese)
- Wolf Girl and Black Prince (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|