|Assembly||Bupyeong, South Korea (GM Korea)
Shanghai, China (Shanghai GM)
Zaragoza, Spain (from 2014)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Transverse front-engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel-drive|
|Platform||Gamma II platform|
|Related||Chevrolet Aveo/Sonic/Holden Barina|
|Wheelbase||2,555 mm (100.6 in)|
|Length||4,280 mm (168.5 in)|
|Width||1,775 mm (69.9 in)|
|Height||1,646 mm (64.8 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,293 kg (2,851 lb) (2WD)
1,386 kg (3,056 lb) (4WD)
The Opel Mokka is a subcompact SUV from the German manufacturer Opel, which was unveiled at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show and went on sale at the end of the same year. It was engineered by Opel in Rüsselsheim, Germany, and is produced in Bupyeong, South Korea. It is also marketed as the Vauxhall Mokka in the United Kingdom, and as the Buick Encore in North America and China.
The Mokka is positioned below the Antara in the Opel lineup and is available in both front-wheel and four-wheel drive versions. The Mokka name derives from the small, round coffee beans of the Coffea Arabica variety.
The Mokka is based on the GM Gamma II platform and is available with three engines: a 115 PS (85 kW; 113 bhp) 1.6-litre petrol, a 140 PS (103 kW; 138 bhp) 1.4-litre turbo petrol and a 130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) 1.7 diesel. The four-wheel drive option is a "smart" 4x4 system that maintains 100% drive at the front wheels until the system detects slip, fast starts or tight cornering, in which case it can send up to 50% of torque to the rear wheels.
The Buick Encore version of the Mokka was unveiled at Detroit's 2012 North American International Auto Show and officially went on sale in January 2013. It is Buick's first subcompact crossover and is available in front or all-wheel drive. The only powertrain offered currently is a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine coupled to a six-speed automatic gearbox. AMC/Renault briefly used the Encore name on its 1984-86 subcompact hatchback.
The Buick Encore is also sold in China.
|Moderate overlap frontal offset||Good|
|Small overlap frontal offset||Poor|
The 1.6 is available only with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The rest have 6-speed manual gearboxes as standard, but the 1.7 CDTI (2WD) is available with a 6-speed automatic as an option.
|1.4i Turbo||1364 cc I4||140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp) at 4900 rpm||200 N·m (148 lb·ft) at 1850-4900 rpm||149 g/km|
|1.6i||1598 cc I4||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) at 6000 rpm||155 N·m (114 lb·ft) at 4000 rpm||153 g/km|
|1.7 CDTI||1686 cc I4||130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) at 4000 rpm||300 N·m (221 lb·ft) at 2000–2500 rpm||124 g/km|
|1.7 CDTI 4X4||1686 cc I4||130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) at 4000 rpm||300 N·m (221 lb·ft) at 2000–2500 rpm||134 g/km|
- "New Chevrolet Trax Small Crossover is the Buick Encore's Global Twin, will Debut in Paris - Carscoop". Carscoop.blogspot.com. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Kompakte Maße, großer Auftritt". Opel-Blog. 2012-02-09. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "2013 Opel Mokka". WorldCarFans. January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "All-New Opel Mokka: Compact in Size, Big in Attitude". Media: Europe. Adam Opel AG. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- Hardy, Sam (January 2012). "Vauxhall Mokka SUV". Auto Express. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "2013 Buick Encore | Luxury crossover SUV". Buick. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Buick China | Encore for the Buick Encore in Detroit – and in China | China Car Times - China Auto News". China Car Times. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Hudson, Paul (11 January 2012). "Vauxhall Mokka SUV breaks cover". The Telegraph. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Cropley, Steve (25 May 2012). "Vauxhall Mokka 1.4T 4x4". Autocar. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- GM teases five-seat 2013 Buick Encore mini crossover SUV ahead of North American International Auto Show reveal in Detroit -- Car & Driver (Retrieved 2011-12-14)
- "2013 Buick Encore Takes the Stage". General Motors. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "Buick China | Encore for the Buick Encore in Detroit – and in China | China Car Times - China Auto News". China Car Times. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Opel Mokka.|
- Official international Opel Mokka website
- Official Opel Mokka website (Ireland)
- Opel Mokka on Carscoop
- Opel Mokka Club in Ukraine
|« previous — Opel car timeline, 1980s–present|
|City car||Agila A||Agila B|
|Supermini||Corsa A||Corsa B||Corsa C||Corsa D|
|Small family car||Kadett D||Kadett E||Astra F||Astra G||Astra H||Astra J|
|Large family car||Ascona B||Ascona C||Vectra A||Vectra B||Vectra C / Signum||Insignia|
|Full-size car||Rekord E / Commodore C||Omega A||Omega B|
|Senator A / Monza||Senator B|
|Sports car||Tigra A||Tigra TwinTop B|
|Manta B||Calibra||Speedster||GT (Roadster)|
|Mini MPV||Meriva A|
|Compact MPV||Meriva B|
|Zafira A||Zafira B|
|Large MPV||Sintra||Zafira Tourer C|
|Compact SUV||Frontera A||Frontera B||Antara|
|LAV||Kadett Combo||Combo B||Combo C||Combo D|
|LCV||Bedford Blitz||Arena||Vivaro A||Vivaro B|
|Movano A||Movano B|