|Headquarters||2820 Lassiter Rd., Building C, Suite 100
Marietta, Georgia, USA
|Products||Open-E DSS V6 Lite|
Open-E, Inc. is a software development company primary focused on IP-based storage management software with headquarters in the USA and Europe. It was founded in 1998 in Germany but head office was relocated to the USA after receiving venture capital funding from OpenView Venture Partners in 2007. The company is known for Data Storage Software (DSS) V6 and V7, a file and block storage management software that supports network attached storage, storage area network, iSCSI, InfiniBand and FibreChannel. Open-E Data Storage Software products also provide Active-Active Automatic Failover for iSCSI, Failback for high-availability, Remote Mirroring for disaster recovery, WORM (Write Once Read Many) support for digital archiving, and NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol) support for universal backup - ensuring better data security, increased fault tolerance, and improved availability of all data, ultimately delivering better overall performance and value.
- NetworkWorld. "German storage vendor Open-E launches in U.S." 25 January 2008.
- Open-E official website 8 August 2011.
- OpenView Venture Partners. "Storage Management Solutions" 8 August 2011.
- Computer technology Review. "Open-E announces availability of Open-E Data Storage Software V6" June 2011, 2009.
- "Review of Open-E. DSS V6 Old PC becomes a modern NAS". PC Magazine (Benelux: Ziff Davis). June 2011. p. 24.
- "Company Profile".