Open City (film)
|Revised Romanization||Mubangbi dosi|
|Directed by||Lee Sang-gi|
|Produced by||Jeon Ho-jin|
|Written by||Lee Sang-gi|
|Music by||Angelo Lee|
|Edited by||Sin Min-kyeong|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
|Running time||112 minutes|
Jo Dae-yeong is a police officer investigating a pickpocket ring with ties to the Japanese crime syndicate, Yakuza. One day he rescues Baek Jang-mi from danger, only to discover that she is the boss of the gang he has been tracking.
- Kim Myung-min ... Jo Dae-yeong
- Son Ye-jin ... Baek Jang-mi
- Kim Hae-sook ... Kang Man-ok
- Son Byeong-ho ... Oh Yeon-soo
- Shim Ji-ho ... Choi Seong-soo
- Yoon Yoo-seon ... Jo Soo-hyeon
- Kim Byeong-ok ... Hong Ki-taek/Hong Yong-taek
- Ji Dae-han ... Kim Kwang-seob
- Park Gil-soo ... Son Yong-soo
- Do Gi-seok ... Lee Won-jong
- Kim Joon-bae ... Franken
Open City was released in South Korea on 10 January 2008, and on its opening weekend was ranked second at the box office with 449,669 admissions. The film sold a total of 1,613,728 admissions nationwide, and as of 24 February 2008 had grossed a total of US$11,095,236.
- "South Korea Box Office February 22–24, 2008". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved on 26 November 2008.
- "The Best Selling Films of 2008 (admissions to November 2)". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved on 26 November 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (Week-end 2008.01.11 ~ 2008.01.13). HanCinema. Retrieved on 26 November 2008.