Open Knowledge Society (OKS) is a non profit community working for the dissemination of all forms of Open Access to Knowledge.
The Society mainly strive to achieve the objectives namely:
- To promote actively the philosophy of open access and support organizations in academic publishing and establishing their institutional repositories,
- To encourage a collaborative environment among the various open access initiatives and to act as a facilitator for commercial / governmental/ academic writers and publishers to come together,
- To facilitate access to traditional knowledge and other knowledge repositories including libraries and archives,
- To promote open and online education,
- And ultimately to cultivate an atmosphere for the growth of quality research.