Open Learning for Development
Open learning for development describes the Open Training Platform, a UNESCO-driven online hub offering free training and learning resources on a wide range of development topics. Its ultimate goal is to help developing countries around the world and foster cooperation to provide free and open content for development.
UNESCO has launched this platform on the internet to make available training and capacity-building programmes and resources. These are developed by a variety of stakeholders worldwide in a wide range of subjects, including literacy, computers, business, environment, community development and much more.
The Open Training Platform initiative regroups partners from all UN agencies (FAO, ILO/ITC, ITU, UNESCO, the UNITAR, UNV, WHO and UNEP), worldwide development practitioners and agencies, as well as regional and local NGOs and CBOs. 
- "UNESCO invites development stakeholders to share training resources on the Web". UNESCO. 07 March 2007. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "The Open Training Platform continues to expand!". UNESCO. 17 December 2007. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Open Learning for Development.|
- World Health Organization
- UNESCO's Open Training Platform initiative
- Journal of Learning for Development, forthcoming open access journal published by the Commonwealth of Learning