Open Media Framework Interchange
The following applications are known to support OMF importing and/or exporting:
- Adobe Audition CS5.5
- Adobe Premiere CS5.5
- Adobe Premiere CS6
- Final Cut Pro 7
- Logic Pro
- Pro Tools
- Digital Performer
- MAGIX Sequoia
- Automatic Duck
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/Multimedia/node296.html (Duplication Detector report), possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (September 2013)|
The OMFI is a common interchange framework developed in response to an industry-led standardisation effort (including Avid – a major digital video hardware/applications vendor)
Like QuickTime, the primary concern of the OMFI format is concerned with temporal representation of media (such as video and audio) and a track model is used.
The primary emphasis is video production and a number of additional features reflect this:
- Source (analogue) material object represent videotape and film so that the origin of the data is readily identified. Final footage may resort to this original form so as to ensure highest possible quality.
- Special track types store (SMPTE) time codes for segments of data.
- Transitions and effects for overlapping and sequences of segments are predefined.
- Motion Control – the ability to play one track at a speed which is a ratio of the speed of another track is supported.
The OMFI file format incorporates:
- Header – includes indices for objects contained in file
- Object dictionary – to enhance the OMFI class hierarchy in an application
- Object data
- Track data
- Article at Cardiff University web site
- IABM Product Locator
- EdlMax Viewpoint
- About OMF
- OMF File Specifications 2.1
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|