Open Road Films
|Founded||March 28, 2011|
|Key people||Tom Ortenberg (CEO)
Jason Cassidy (President of Marketing)
Ben Cotner (Senior Veep of Acquisitions).
|Owner(s)||Regal Entertainment Group
Open Road Films (sometimes written as Open Road or ORF) is an American film distribution company based in Hollywood, California. It was launched in March 2011 by the two largest U.S. theatrical exhibitors, AMC Entertainment and Regal Entertainment Group.
AMC Entertainment and Regal Entertainment Group hired Tom Ortenberg, as CEO. He is a former executive of Lionsgate and The Weinstein Company. On April 13, 2011 Tom Ortenberg hired Jason Cassidy (president of marketing), Elliott Kleinberg (General Counsel and executive veep of operations and business affairs), Steven Andriuzzo (chief financial officer), and Ben Cotner (senior veep of acquisitions). The studio released its first film, Killer Elite, on September 23, 2011. Killer Elite was directed by Gary McKendry and starring Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro.
|Killer Elite||September 23, 2011||Directed by Gary McKendry|
|The Grey||January 27, 2012||Directed by Joe Carnahan|
|Silent House||March 9, 2012||Directed by Chris Kentis
|Hit and Run||August 22, 2012||Directed by David Palmer
|End of Watch||September 21, 2012||Directed by David Ayer|
|Silent Hill: Revelation 3D||October 26, 2012||Directed by Michael J. Bassett|
|A Haunted House||January 11, 2013||Directed by Michael Tiddes|
|Side Effects||February 8, 2013||Directed by Steven Soderbergh|
|The Host||March 29, 2013||Directed by Andrew Niccol|
|jOBS||August 16, 2013||Directed by Joshua Michael Stern|
|Machete Kills||September 13, 2013||Directed by Robert Rodriguez|
|Homefront||October 4, 2013||Directed by Gary Fleder|
|The Nut Job||January 17, 2014||Directed by Peter Lepeniotis|
|Ten||January 24, 2014||Directed by David Ayer|
|A Haunted House 2||March 28, 2014||Directed by TBA|
|Chef||May 9, 2014||Directed by Jon Favreau|
|The Key Man||TBA||Directed by TBA|
|Endangered||TBA||Directed by David Hackl|
- Szalai, Georg (March 07, 2011). "AMC Entertainment, Regal to Acquire and Release 8–10 Films a Year". hollywoodreporter.com (The Hollywood Reporter). Retrieved June 02, 2011.
- AMC/Regal’s Film Distribution Venture Open Road Sets Executive Team
- Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On ‘Killer Elite’
- McNary, Dave (June 16, 2011). "Open Road pacts with Universal Home Ent". Variety.
- Ben Fritz (June 28, 2012). "Company Town". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Open Road Films to Distribute Horror Spoof A Haunted House
- Open Road Films to Distribute jOBS, Starring Ashton Kutcher
- Fleming, Mike (April 11, 2013). "Open Road Squirrels Away 3D Animated Pic ‘The Nut Job’ For January 17 Release". Deadline. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Action Thriller ‘Ten’ To Team David Ayer And Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Open Road Sets 2014 Release Date for Ten, Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Open Road Films Plans A Haunted House 2
- Open Road to Release Jon Favreau's Chef on May 9, 2014
- Open Road Films Takes Endangered
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|