Open University of Catalonia
|Open University of Catalonia|
|Universitat Oberta de Catalunya|
UOC Headquarters in Barcelona.
|Rector||Josep A. Planell i Estany|
|Location||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
|Affiliations||Xarxa Vives d'Universitats
Associació Catalana d'Universitats Públiques (ACUP)
European University Association
The UOC offers graduate and postgraduate programs in Catalan, Spanish and English in fields such as Psychology, Computer Science, Sciences of Education, Information and Knowledge Society and Economics. Also, an Information and Knowledge Society Doctoral Program is available that explores research fields such as e-law, e-learning, network society, education, and online communities. It has "support centres and points" in a number of cities in Spain, Andorra, Mexico and the traditionally Catalan-speaking city of Alghero in Sardinia.
- Postgraduate courses
- Societal and Business Conflicts
- Armed conflicts and crisis management
- Crisis management
- Social and Family Conflicts
- Workplace and Commercial Conflicts
- Armed conflicts
- Food Security Programme Management
- Food Security Management and The Right to Food
- Food, culture and locality
- Food, society and international food governance
- Food, culture and territory
- International agri-food policy
- Geographic indications
- Food systems analysis
- Food Security: Assessment and Action
- Impact Assessment on Food Security Programs
- Right to food
- Food and Society
- E-Learning Design and Development. UOC-UNM (University of New Mexico, USA) - Joint Certificate
- E-learning course design and teaching - European certificate
The UOC's course offering is divided into theses Departments:
- Arts and Humanities Department
- Economics and Business Studies Department
- Health Sciences Department
- Information and Communication
- Sciences Department
- IT, Multimedia and Telecommunications
- Law and Political Science Department
- Psychology and Educational Sciences Department
- 2000 - 118
- 2001 - 142
- 2002 - 431
- 2003 - 954
- 2004 - 2.185
- 2005 - 2.956
- 2006 - 3.248
- 2007 - 4.242
- 2008 - 5.890
- 2009 - 6.138
- 2010 - 5.926
- 2011 - 6.547
These are the digital journals promoted by the Departments of the UOC:
- Anàlisi. Quaderns de Cultura
- Artnodes, intersections between art, science and technology
- BiD: Textos Universitaris de Biblioteconomia i Documentació (coedited with the Universitat de Barcelona)
- Digithum. Humanities in the digital age
- eLC Research Paper Series
- IDP. Journal on Internet, Law and Politics
- IN3 Working Paper Series
- Journal of Conflictology
- Mosaic. Multimedia technologies and communication
- RUSC. University and Knowledge Society Journal
- UOC Papers. E-Journal on the Knowledge Society
- UNESCO Chair in Education & Technology for Social Change
- UNESCO-FFCB-UOC Chair
- UOC Chair in Multilingualism
The UOC makes O2, their institutional repository, available to provide open access to digital publications produced by the UOC community in the course of its research, teaching and management activities.
- Ivanna Vallespín. "El patronato de la Universitat Oberta nombra Josep Anton Planell nuevo rector". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "UOC in numbers 2011-12". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "FAQs. About the UOC". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Where we are. Contact and offices". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "All UOC courses". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Departments and schools". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.