From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Open source car)
Some of the earliest open-source cars include:
- ANDRE cars, Inverter – an open source race car designed by Andre Brown (a former student of open source pioneer & RepRap founder Adrian Bowyer) in partnership with Reynard: design released under a CC-BY-NC-SA license
- Rally Fighter from Local Motors: design released under a CC-BY-NC-SA license
- SGT01 from Wikispeed
- OScar – started in 1999, still in concept phase as of 2013.
- OSVehicle – Tabby – Tabby is the first OSVehicle: an industrializable, production ready, versatile, universal chassis.
- Riversimple Urban Car: The CAD models for the Riversimple Hyrban technology demonstrator have been released under a CC-BY-NC-SA[better source needed]
- C,mm,n – Dutch electric car (2009)
- OSCav, an open-source compressed air vehicle
- Open Source Green Vehicle project
- Freedom EV
- eCorolla, an electric vehicle conversion
- LifeTrac tractor from Open Source Ecology
Other open-source vehicles
- Bruce Sterling. "Tabby, the Open Source Vehicle". 2013.
- "Ampelio Macchi presenta Tabby, il primo scooter ibrido a 4 ruote in open source" ("Ampelio Macchi presents Tabby, the first hybrid scooter with 4 wheels in open source")
- Kevin Hall (14 July 2009). "'Common,' the opens-source car that anyone can design".
- Alexander Vittouris, Mark Richardson. "Designing for Velomobile Diversity: Alternative opportunities for sustainable personal mobility". 2012.