|Developer(s)||Sebastian Wagner, community|
|Stable release||3.0.0 / March 11, 2014|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Novell SUSE Linux, Ubuntu|
|Type||Collaborative workspace, Web conferencing|
|License||Apache Licence 2|
OpenMeetings is software used for presenting, online training, web conferencing, collaborative whiteboard drawing and document editing, and user desktop sharing. The product is based on OpenLaszlo RIA framework and Red5 media server, which in turn are based on a bunch of open source components. Communication takes place in meeting rooms which are set to different communication, security and video quality modes. The recommended database for backend support is MySQL. The product can be set up as an installed server product, or used as a hosted product.
Public facilities are for example the Centre of Competence in Open Source Sweden / Finland or the educational intranet "Koblenzer Schulnetz" in Koblenz, Germany.
OpenMeetings is a member in Apache Incubator of the Apache Software Foundation.
OpenMeetings is used for web conferencing in FOSS e-learning solution Moodle and Atutor. It was first integrated as a replacement for the proprietary, Flash server based, video conference tool in Dokeos and started from there as an independent open-source application (only developed by Sebastian Wagner at the time).
Open Meetings implements the following features:
- Audio communication
- Video conferencing
- Meeting recording
- Screen sharing
- Collaborative document editing
- Chat and white boarding
- User and room management
- "Downloads - openmeetings - Open-Source Web-Conferencing - Google Project Hosting". Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Internationalisation - openmeetings - This Page should documentate the progress of internationalisation - Open-Source Web-Conferencing - Google Project Hosting". Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- Stewart, Ryan (2007-06-04). "openmeetings - Open source video conferencing and collaboration with OpenLaszlo | ZDNet". Blogs.zdnet.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Les Editions Diamond". Ed-diamond.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- [dead link]
- Huff, Mark. "Using Moodle: new VideoConferencing Plugin(s) for OpenMeetings 0.5.1". Moodle.org. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "ATutor: Learning Content Management System: Download:". Atutor.ca. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Dokeos 1.8.4 installation guide". Dokeos.svn.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- [dead link]
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|