|— City —|
|• Total||18 sq mi (46.6 km2)|
|• Land||17.1 sq mi (44.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|Elevation||338 ft (103 m)|
|• Density||367.1/sq mi (141.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0154482|
Opp is located at . According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 18.0 square miles (47 km2), of which, 17.1 square miles (44 km2) of it is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km2) of it (4.83%) is water.(31.283083, -86.254661)
As of the census of 2010, there were 6,659 people and 2,655 households, and 1,823 families residing in the city. The population density was 388 people per square mile. The racial makeup of the city was 80.9% White, 16.7% Black or African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.3% Asian, and 1.2% from two or more races. 0.9% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
In 2000, there were 2,753 households out of which 28.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.5% were married couples living together, 14.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.8% were non-families. 28.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the city the population was 23.3% under the age of 18, 7.9% from 18 to 24, 24.6% from 25 to 44, 23.6% from 45 to 64, and 20.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 79.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 76.9 males. The median income for a household in the city was $26,702, and the median income for a family was $32,436. Males had a median income of $27,821 versus $21,280 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,281. About 14.2% of families and 18.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.8% of those under age 18 and 15.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Mike DuBose - Former University of Alabama head football coach. He is currently the head coach at Luverne High School.
- Tim Jessie - Although he was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 1987 NFL Draft Jessie ended up playing for the Washington Redskins in 1987 as a replacement player during the 1987 NFL Players Strike. Jessie played college football at Auburn University and was a part of the Redskins Super Bowl XXII championship team.
- James Logan - 1991 graduate of Opp High School who played football in the NFL for the Houston Oilers, Cincinnati Bengals, and Seattle Seahawks from 1995–2000, and played college football at Memphis State University.
- Lamar Rogers - Played football in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals from 1991-1992. Rogers played college football at Auburn University, and was a part of the 1987 Auburn Tigers football team and 1988 Auburn Tigers football team that played in the 1988 Sugar Bowl and 1989 Sugar Bowl.
Opp's city slogan is "The City of OPPortunity".
- City of Opp Official website
- Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo Official Page
- WOPP Community Radio
- Opp City Schools
- Opp Amateur Radio Club