Oracle Adaptive Access Manager
|Name||Oracle Adaptive Access Manager|
Don Bosco Durai
Jon Fisher, Bharosa CEO
|Software||Oracle Identity Management|
The Oracle Adaptive Access Manager (OAAM) is part of the Oracle Identity Management product suite that provides access control services to web and other online applications. Oracle Adaptive Access Manager was developed by the company, Bharosa, which was founded by Thomas Varghese, Don Bosco Durai and CEO Jon Fisher. The software was included in Oracle's acquisition of Bharosa.
Oracle acquired the company, Bharosa, which means 'trust' in the Hindi language to extend its web-based access management solutions. In 2003, Bharosa was founded by Thomas Varghese, a research scientist and serial entrepreneur. Later, Don Bosco Durai and Jon Fisher came on board as co-founders.
The premise was simple in that the existing authentication technologies were unsatisfactory and easy to compromise. No authentication technology can really provide its full and intended security benefits unless the computer and computer network are re-designed from the grounds up.
Oracle Adaptive Access Manager has two components, the strong Authentication-agnostic security component and the application-agnostic Risk component. One simple example of the Strong Authentication component is that a User can choose a personalized keypad and use mouse clicks to enter password to prevent passwords being stolen with key loggers and being phished or pharmed. The Risk Component analyzes the authentication and transaction data for abnormalities and anomalies in real-time to prevent fraud and also in off-line mode to identify and detect internet fraud.
- "Adaptive Access Management Enabling Fraud Prevention and Strong Authentication for Online Services" (PDF). Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Oracle Adaptive Access Manager". ApTec. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Access Oracle Adaptive Access Manager: What, Why, How" (PDF). Piocon. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Kathleen Goolsby (11 April 2013). "CrowdOptic’s Jon Fisher Warns Software Startup CEOs: Buck the Trends". Sand Hill. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Oracle Adaptive Access Manager