Oracle initially launched its application suite with financials software in the late 1980s. The offering as of 2009[update] extends to supply-chain management, human-resource management, warehouse-management, customer-relationship management, call-center services, product-lifecycle management, and many other areas. Both in-house expansion and the acquisition of other companies have vastly expanded Oracle's application software business.
Oracle released Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS/ e-BS) Release 12 (R12) — a bundling of several Oracle Applications applications — in February 2007. The release date coincided with new releases of other Oracle-owned products: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Siebel Systems and PeopleSoft.
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- PeopleSoft Enterprise
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards World
- AutoVue (for processing CAD and graphics data)
- Master Data Management
Oracle E-Business Suite
Oracle's E-Business Suite (also known as Applications/Apps or EB-Suite/EBS) consists of a collection of enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply-chain management (SCM) computer applications either developed or acquired by Oracle. The software utilizes Oracle's core Oracle relational database management system technology. The E-Business Suite contains several product lines often known by short acronyms.
Significant technologies incorporated into the applications include the Oracle database technologies, (engines for RDBMS, PL/SQL, Java, .NET, HTML and XML), the "technology stack" (Oracle Forms Server, Oracle Reports Server, Apache Web Server, Oracle Discoverer, Jinitiator and Sun's Java). Oracle Corporation brands the on-line technical documentation of E-Business Suite as eTRM — "E-Business Suite Technical Reference Manuals".
It makes the following enterprise applications available as part of Oracle eBusiness Suite:
|This section requires expansion. (December 2009)|
- Asset Lifecycle Management
- Asset Tracking
- Property Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise resource planning
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Product Life-cycle Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Planning
- Logistics & Transportation Management
- Order Management
- Price Management
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Process Manufacturing
Oracle Financial Applications
The Oracle E-Business Suite provides a set of financial applications used internationally in businesses. Oracle Corporation groups these applications into "suites", which it defines as sets of common, integrated applications designed to execute specific business processes.
RDBMS infrastructure and includes applications such as:
Oracle Project Portfolio Management Applications
- Oracle Project Billing
- Oracle Project Collaboration
- Oracle Project Contracts
- Oracle Project Costing
- Oracle Daily Business Intelligence
- Oracle Project Management
- Oracle Project Portfolio Analysis
- Oracle Project Resource
- Oracle Project CRM
Additional Oracle E-Business Suite products include:
- Oracle Bills of Material
- Oracle Capacity
- Oracle CRM
- Oracle Advanced Planning & Scheduling
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle Engineering
- Oracle HRMS
- Oracle Inventory
- Oracle Integrated Receiving (Brazil localization)
- Oracle MRP
- Oracle Order Entry
- Oracle Order Fulfillment (order to cash process)
- Oracle Payroll
- Oracle Purchasing
- Oracle Receivables
- Oracle TMS (Transportation/G-Log)
- Oracle Work in Process
- Oracle Process manufacturing
- Oracle Federal Administration
- Oracle Sales
- Oracle MRP
In 2007 Oracle launched a set of applications for mid-size businesses called Oracle Accelerate. Accelerate provides access to Oracle's ERP products through a local partner-network and packages the products to meet vertical industry requirements.
Oracle User Productivity kit (UPK)
The Oracle User Productivity Kit application provides a content-development, deployment, and maintenance platform.
- Matt, Light; Daniel B. Stang (2005-06-22). "Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management, 2005" (PDF). Gartner Research. p. 3. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Oracle Applications". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved February 18, 2012.
- Edward, Mendelson (1998-03-24). "AutoVue Professional". PC Magazine. p. 159. Retrieved 2013-07-08. "Cimmetry Systems' AutoVue Professional [...] offers a sophisticated feature set for viewing and maintaining CAD and graphics files."
- "Oracle® E-Business Suite". Integrated SOA Gateway Implementation Guide. Oracle. June 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1". Oracle. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Oracle Applications 11i Documentation
- "Oracle Advanced Procurement". Oracle Corp. Retrieved 2009-06-16. "Oracle Advanced Procurement is the integrated suite of applications that dramatically cut all supply management costs."
- "Oracle Sourcing". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-16. "Oracle Sourcing is the enterprise application that drives more and better sourcing through online collaboration and negotiation. It is a key component of Oracle Advanced Procurement [...]"
- Siddiqui, Muneeb A. (2010). Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Supply Chain Management. IT Pro. Packt Publishing Ltd. ISBN 9781849680653. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- "Oracle User Productivity Kit". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2011-04-19. "Oracle User Productivity Kit [...] Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use and comprehensive content development, deployment, and maintenance platform [...]"
- Cameron, Melanie. Oracle General Ledger Guide (2009) McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-07-162229-2
- Cameron, Melanie. Oracle Procure-to-Pay Guide (2009) McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-07-162227-6