Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition
|Stable release||220.127.116.11 / April 2, 2013|
|Written in||C++, Java|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX]|
|Available in||Multiple (English, Japanese, etc.)|
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus, also termed OBI EE Plus, is Oracle Corporation's set of business intelligence tools consisting of former Siebel Systems business intelligence and Hyperion Solutions business intelligence offerings.
The industry counterpart and main competitors of OBIEE are Microsoft BI, IBM Cognos, SAP AG Business Objects and SAS Institute Inc. The products currently leverage a common BI Server providing integration among the tools.
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite (OBIEE+ and Essbase) is a complete, open, and architecturally unified business intelligence system for the enterprise that delivers abilities for reporting, ad hoc query and analysis, online analytical processing (OLAP), dashboards, and scorecards. All enterprise data sources, as well as metrics, calculations, definitions, and hierarchies are managed in a Common Enterprise Information Model, providing users with accurate and consistent insight, regardless of where the information is consumed. Users can access and interact with information in multiple ways, including web-based interactive dashboards, collaboration workspaces, search bars, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications, mobile devices, and Microsoft Office applications.
Sometimes OBIEE is used interchangeably with Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA), which is a pre-built BI and data warehousing system built on the OBIEE technology stack; however, OBIEE is the platform whereas OBIA is an application that uses the platform. The OBI EE Plus integrates the components of the toolset to include a service-oriented architecture, data access services, an analytic and calculation infrastructure, metadata management services, a semantic business model, a security model and user preferences, and administration tools.
- 2000: nQuire formed: Larry Barbetta CEO
- 2001: nQuire courted by Siebel.
- 2002: Siebel purchases nQuire
- 2005: Oracle purchases Siebel(18.104.22.168)
- 2007: Hyperion Integration
- 2010: 11g Version Released
- Переверзев, Николай (2003). "Управление предприятием с помощью системы Balanced Scorecard" [Managing the enterprise with the help of the "Balanced Scorecard" system]. Финансовый Директор (in Russian) 3. Retrieved 2011-03-31. "BSC можно реализовать как в специальных программных продуктах (например, Oros Scorecard, Hyperion Performance Scorecard, Oracle Scorecard и др.), так и в Excel.[One can implement BSC both in specialized software products (for example: Oros Scorecard, Hyperion Performance Scorecard, Oracle Scorecard, etc) as well as in Excel.]"
- Haroun Khan, Christian Screen, Adrian Ward (July 19, 2012). Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial (1st ed.). Packt Publishing. ISBN 1849685665.
- Darlene Armstrong-Smith, Michael Armstrong-Smith (20 November 2013). Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer 11g Handbook (1st ed.). Oracle Press. ISBN 0071804307.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
- OBIEE Documentation Library
- OBIEE Blog from a Power User
- OBIEE Blogs
- "Siebel Acquires nQuire Software"
- "OBIEE DAC System Properties"
- Oracle Business Intelligence: tools overview and resources
- BI Tool Survey - Oracle OBIEE included
- OBIEE Resource: how to build report and dashboard
- OBIEE Naming best Practices - Oracle OBIEE Naming
- : Gerard Nico Info Centre
- Learn OBIEE 11g - Kashif M