|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Oracle Clinical or OC is the industry leading database management system designed by Oracle to provide data management, data entry and data validation functionalities to support Clinical Trial operations.
The Major Functions Supported by Oracle Clinical are:
- Clinical Study Database Design
- Definition of Clinical Study Metadata to be collected
- Creation of Data Management System to clean and reconcile patient data
- Creation of Electronic Data Entry Screens
- Ability to create both simple and complex validation edit checks and data derivations
- Batch Data Loading and Extracting Capabilities
- Thesaurus Management for Medical Coding of Verbatim Terms as reported by Investigators for Adverse Events, Medical History, and/or Concomitant Medications
- Robust and Comprehensive Management of Laboratory Results against dynamic and demographic driven Reference Ranges
- Chow, Sheiu-Chung (2003). Encyclopedia of Biopharmaceutical Statistics. Informa Health Care. pp. 397–401. ISBN 0-8247-4261-3.