|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2008)|
Oracle Reports is a tool for developing reports against data stored in an Oracle database. Oracle Reports consists of Oracle Reports Developer (a component of the Oracle Developer Suite) and Oracle Application Server Reports Services (a component of the Oracle Application Server).
The report output can be delivered directly to a printer or saved in the following formats:
Oracle RPT was an early, primitive predecessor to SQL*ReportWriter.
- Character based report writing tool.
- The software was purchased by Oracle from a third party
Oracle Reports 1
- New GUI mode IDE
- Major rewrite
Oracle Reports 2.5
Release April 1995. New Object Navigator. New Toolbars. New Menus.
Still no undos.
Oracle Reports 6i
New features added in 6i:
- WebDB integration
- XML Output
- HTML Parameter Form Extensions
- SQL Access to the Reports Server Queue
- EXEC_SQL Integration
Oracle Reports 9i
New features added in 9i:
- XML report definition
- Query types: XML, JDBC, Oracle9i OLAP, text files
- Pluggable Data Sources
- Java Importer
- Oracle9i JDeveloper Integration
- Oracle9i SCM Integration
- Integration with BI Beans
- Oracle9iAS Portal Report Import
- Edit Oracle9iAS Discoverer Worksheet Export.
Oracle Reports 10g
New features added in 10g:
- New output format SPREADSHEET, output to Microsoft Excel.
- Extended HTML formatting customisation
- Compliant to HTML 4.01 and XML 1.1 standards
- "New Features in Oracle Reports Developer and Reports Server 6i".
- "Oracle9i Reports New Features".
- "Oracle Reports 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) New Features".