Oracle SQL Developer
|Stable release||126.96.36.199.21 / May 5, 2014|
|Type||SQL Integrated development environment|
|License||Proprietary OTN SQL Developer License|
|Website||Oracle SQL Developer|
In computing, Oracle SQL Developer is an Integrated development environment (IDE) for working with SQL in Oracle databases. Oracle Corporation provides this product free; it uses the Java Development Kit.
Oracle SQL Developer supports Oracle products and a variety of third-party plugins which users may deploy to connect to non-Oracle databases. Oracle SQL Developer works with IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase Adaptive Server, and Teradata databases.
Oracle SQL Developer supports automatic tabs, code insight, bracket matching and syntax coloring for PL/SQL.
Oracle SQL Developer product components include:
- OWA (Oracle Web Agent or MOD_PLSQL), is an extension module for the Apache web server, and helps in setting up dynamic web-pages from PL/SQL within Oracle SQL Developer.
In addition to the extensions provided by Oracle, third parties have written extensions to add new features to SQL Developer and to integrate with other products:
- New features
- GeoRaptor, Geospatial data viewer
- Insider, Collect statistics for a single Oracle instance and display in real time
- Schema Visualizer allows you to create fully featured Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Integration with other Oracle products
- SQL Developer Data Modeler operates with and models metadata. Prior to SQL Developer version 3, it constituted a separate (but integrated) free counterpart of SQL Developer. As of SQL Developer version 3 modeling became an integrated part of the overall tool.
- Integration with other commercial products
- Red Gate - Deployment Suite for Oracle (Compare schemas and data, deploy all changes.)
- JDBCWizard (produces Java Web Service code to run your existing PL/SQL and SQL statements)
- Hotsos Profiler
- Digger (trace analyzer)
- SVCO Extension (integrated version control solution for Oracle database server schema objects)
|This section requires expansion. (August 2009)|
|Releases prior to 1.0||Prior to version 1.0, Oracle Corporation labeled the product "Raptor"|
|1.0||March 2006||The first release|
|2.1 RC1||December 2009|
|2.1 Patch 1||March 2010|
|3.2||August 2012||APEX listener administration; UI enhancements; 12c database support; bug fixes|
- "Oracle SQL Developer certifications". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- Murray, Chuck (September 2007). "1 SQL Developer Concepts and Usage: OWA Output Pane". Oracle Database SQL Developer User's Guide Release 1.1. Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2009-02-04. "OWA (Oracle Web Agent) or MOD_PLSQL is an Apache (Web Server) extension module that enables you to create dynamic Web pages from PL/SQL packages and stored procedures. The OWA Output pane enables you to see the HTML output of MOD_PLSQL actions that have been executed in the SQL Worksheet."
- Extensions, Oracle
- Chuck, Murray (June 2009). "Data Modeler Concepts and Usage" (PDF). Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler User’s Guide Release 2.0. Oracle Corporation. p. 1-1. Retrieved 2010-03-12. "SQL Developer Data Modeler is a data modeling and database design tool that provides an environment for capturing, modeling, managing, and exploiting metadata.[...] SQL Developer Data Modeler is a for-cost option of SQL Developer that requires a separate license. However, a free viewer (read-only) version is also available [...]"
- "Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler: Pricing FAQ". Oracle Corpopration. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-10. "Is Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler free? Yes."
- "Oracle SQL Developer". Oracle Corporation. 2008-07-18. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "SQL Developer 3.2 New Features". Oracle Technology Network. Oracle Technology Network. Retrieved 2013-05-01.