Oracle iPlanet Web Server
||It has been suggested that Netscape Enterprise Server be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2015.|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2011)|
|Stable release||7.0.21 / April 2015|
|Type||web server / application server|
|License||OTN Developer License|
Oracle iPlanet Web Server (OiWS) is a web server designed for medium and large business applications. Oracle iPlanet Web Server builds on the earlier Sun Java System Web Server, Sun ONE Web Server, iPlanet Web Server, and Netscape Enterprise Server products.
In January 2009, Sun open sourced core components of Sun Java System Web Server 7.0 under the BSD license as Open Web Server. The open source version was kept in sync with commercial releases until January 2010 (7.0 update 8). Since Oracle's acquisition of Sun, there have been no further open source releases.
In 2010, Oracle renamed the product from Sun Java System Web Server to Oracle iPlanet Web Server, although documentation and links are still in the process of being updated to reflect this.
- Oracle Technology Network
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle iPlanet Web Proxy Server
- Oracle HTTP Server
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Application Server
- Comparison of web server software
- Comparison of application servers
- "Oracle Fusion Middleware iPlanet Web Server Documentation Library". Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- Sun Software Products map
- Sun Java System Web Server product team wiki (most links are currently redirected to oracle's homepage, see the archived wiki for now)
- 08/28/2010 Archived wiki
- ServerWatch review of Sun Java System Web Server
- Benchmarks comparing the performance of various web servers
- Sun Open Sources the Netscape Enterprise Server
- Article on heliod fork
- heliod web server on SourceForge.net
|This Web software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|