|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007)|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (February 2012)|
|Elevation||46 m (151 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Oragadam is a town and industrial area located on the outskirts of Chennai, India. It is located 16 miles (25 km) east of Kanchipuram and is centrally located between Grand Southern Trunk Road (NH 45) and NH 4. The locality, known as the biggest automobile hub in South Asia, is one of the fastest growing suburbs of Chennai and is evolving into a multi-faceted industrial zone.
Oragadam has been touted as Chennai's largest and the most developed industrial belt. With over 22 Fortune 500 companies (of which six are global car manufacturers), the Sriperumbudur–Oragadam belt has seen tremendous industrial growth in less than 4 years. The area is well-connected via road and rail, and according to industrial experts, the presence of automobile giants like Renault-Nissan and Ford has triggered growth around Oragadam. Several manufacturing giants such as Motorola, Dell, Flextronics, Samsung, Nokia, Apollo Tyres, and TVS Electronics, have set up their respective units in the industrial belt stretching from Sriperumbudur to Oragadam. In addition, JCBL Ltd, Essar Steel, BPCL, Delphi TVS Diesel Systems Ltd, GE Bayer, Silicons (India) Pvt Ltd have also set up their businesses in SIPCOT Industrial Park, Oragadam. DHL is also reported to be setting up its first Free Trade Warehousing Zone at Sriperumbudur.
The town is known for its various industries and workshops pertaining to the automobile sector. Oragadam along with Sriperumbudur has seen major investments from foreign companies in recent times. Oragadam will soon become one of the largest Automobile hubs in the world. International Automobile majors like Daimler, Renault - Nissan, Komatsu have set up their car manufacturing plants here and will use it as a base for sourcing for their international markets, apart from supplying to meet the fast growing Indian market. One of the otiose Clubs "The Chennai Corporate Club" is also located nearby.
The Tamil Nadu government is building the Rs. 300 crores Oragadam Industrial Corridor Road. The project, executed by the Tamil Nadu Road Infrastructure Development Corporation (TNRIDC)and funded through the State Highways Department, is expected to give a thrust to industrial activity in the Oragadam-Sriperumbudur cluster. It will also provide additional connectivity between Grand Southern Trunk Road (GST Road i.e. National Highway 45) and Grand Western Trunk Road (National Highway 4)  .
Here is the comprehensive list of Companies/ Industries located at Oragadam and neighboring areas:
- Toyota Tsusho India Pvt Ltd,
- TT Assembly India Pvt Ltd,
- Apollo Tyres
- Asian Paints Limited
- Axon Technologies, Mathur
- Daimler India Commercial vehicles
- Delphi Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Danfoss India Pvt. Ltd.
- Enviro Metals Waste Management India Pvt Ltd ( a group of Shan Poornam Metals)
- Global Automotive Research Centre
- JCBL Marrel Tippers
- Mohan Mutha Infrastructures Pvt Ltd
- Momentive Performance Material (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Motherson Automotive Elastomers
- Nobel Automotive india Pvt. Ltd.
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Nokia SEZ
- Proxair Industries Limited
- Renault Nissan Automotive India
- Royal Enfield
- RICE LAKE Weighing Systems India Ltd
- SDP Telecom Private Limited
- Steel Strips Wheels Ltd
- Sundaram Hydraulics
- Sundaram Auto Components Ltd
- Tide Water Oil Co. (I) Ltd
- Unipres India Private Limited
Educational Institutions In and Around Oragadam
- Apollo Polytechnic College
- Sri Krishna Engineering College - Located at Panapakkam 
- Dhaanish Ahamed college of Engineering-Located at vanchuvanchery
- Raasi college of Engineering-Located at vanchuvanchery
- P.S.TempleGreen Vidhyashram (CBSE)at the ArunExcello's TempleGreen project.Mathur post,Oragadam.
Indian Overseas Bank -34/ 4B Sriperumpudur Road, Mathur Post, Oragadam.
State Bank Of India-Sriperumpudur Road, Mathur Post, Oragadam.
Bank of Baroda-Vandaloor-Walajahbad Road.
Tamilnadu Co-op bank-Vandaloor-Walajahbad Road.
Federal Bank with ATM at Arun Excello's Temple Green Commercial Plaza.Mathur post,Oragadam
Union Bank of India, Oragadam
Cooperation Bank of India, Oragadam
Places of Worship
- Dhuraimurugar Siva Marabu Sithaandha Dhiyana Sabai, Nathanallur - http://www.templedivinesuccess.com
- Sri Mahamehru Dhiyna Nilayam of Sri Murugaphusam Swamigal SriNagaram Oragadam
- Sri Nallinakesvarar temple Ezlichur Oragadam
- Madhurapuri Ashram of Sri Muralidhara Swamigal
- Pillar of Fire of Jesus Prayer House
- Vallakottai Murugan Temple
- Sri Ramanujar Sri AdikesavaPerumal temple, Sriperumbudur
- Sri Ugra Narasimhar Temple, Singaperumal koil
- Thiru Arutprakasa Vallalar Thiru Kovilhttp://vallalarkudanthai.com/
- Royal Enfield to set up new plant at Oragadam
- TN govt allots 50 acres of land at Oragadam to Eicher Motors for expansion
- Oragadam Calling Article from Hindu
- Oragadam- an emerging real estate destination - Magicbricks
- Oragadam Updates