Orange County's Credit Union
|Headquarters||Santa Ana, California, United States|
|Number of locations||10 Branches|
|Area served||Orange County, Riverside County, Long Beach, Lakewood, Signal Hill and Cerritos|
Orange County’s Credit Union is a not-for-profit community-chartered credit union in California serving anyone who lives or works in Orange and Riverside Counties, and the communities of Long Beach, Signal Hill, Lakewood and Cerritos. As of July 2013, Orange County’s Credit Union reported its assets exceed $1 billion and are serving over 82,000 Members.
- 1938 - Orange County’s Credit Union established as “The Orange County Employees Credit Union” with an initial deposit of $2,663 and J. Arthur Anderson serves as the first president.
- 1953 - Adopts “Once a Member, Always a Member” policy.
- 1982 - Installs 1st ATM at the Civic Center Branch in Santa Ana, CA.
- 2001 - Membership expands to Long Beach, Signal Hill, Cerritos and Lakewood.
- 2002 - Opens a new 48,000-square-foot (4,500 m2) headquarters in Santa Ana, CA.
- 2006 - Introduces in-house mortgage company.
- 2008 - Membership expands to Riverside County.
- 2008 - Opens first in-store Albertsons branches in Irvine and Norco, CA.
- 2008 - Receives 2008 Award for Workplace Excellence.
- 2008 - Opens new branch in Yorba Linda.
- 2009 - Donates over 5,000 new school supplies to local elementary schools.
- 2009 - Former CEO, Judith A. McCartney, receives Lifetime Achievement Award for CA Credit Union League.
- 2009 - Announces 1st Annual Youth Scholarship Program.
- 2010 - Launches Mobile Banking (First Credit Union in the Southern California Area).
- 2010 - Receives Top Workplace Award. Ranks in the Top 10 of Mid-Size Companies in Orange County, CA.
- 2011 - Receives 2 Diamond Awards and 2 Merit Awards at 2011 CUNA Marketing Conference.
- 2011 - Relocates Lake Forest to new location.
- 2011 - All-Star Community Angel Winner throws out "honorary first pitch" at Angels baseball game.
- 2012 - Receives Gold Medal at MAC Conference.
- 2012 - Launches www.shrinkmydebt.org
- 2012 - Hits $1 Billion in Assets.
- 2013 - Receives 2 Diamond Awards and 1 Best of Show Award at CUNA Marketing Conference
- 2013 - Receives Workplace Excellence Award from Peter, Barron, and Stark Companies
- 2013 - Opens new Irvine Branch in the Woodbury Town Center
New Irvine branch opened in Woodbury Town Center
After five years of continuous growth, the Credit Union announced the relocation of their Irvine branch to a larger space offering comfort and privacy for account and loan opening, plus financial and mortgage consultation in a premier location. Located at 6488 Irvine Blvd. Irvine, CA 92620 in the Woodbury Town Center.
Received 2013 Workplace Excellence Award
The Credit Union partnered with Peter, Barron, and Stark Companies to conduct an Associate Opinion Survey to gain objective, quantifiable data that help identify the organization's strengths as well as aread where action is needed to be even better.
Named 2010 Top Workplace in Orange County
Orange County’s Credit Union was ranked by The Orange County Register as one of the Top 10 mid-size workplaces in Orange County for 2010 The Top Workplaces rankings are based solely on employees’ responses to an opinion survey administered by Workplace Dynamics, in conjunction with The Orange County Register’s Top Places to Work Program. 866 companies participated in the program. Employees are invited to answer questions about how they feel about their workplace.
Products and services
The Credit Union offers:
- Sand Dollar Savings Club – A banking program for kids ages 12 & under
- Pacific Youth Accounts – Checking and savings for students ages 13 – 25
- Checking & Savings Accounts
- Membership Rewards Program
- Vehicle Loans – Auto, RV, Boat
- Personal Loans
- Credit Cards
- Home Loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Investment Services
- Insurance Services
- Retirement Planning
- Business Services
- Employee Groups – Businesses offer Credit Union products and services directly to their employees