Orange County Roller Girls
|Metro area||Huntington Beach, CA|
|Teams||Blockwork Orange (travel team)
Crash Test Bunnies
Slice Girls (junior)
|Track type(s)||Banked, Flat|
|Venue||Santa Ana (banked)
The Rinks, Huntington Beach (flat)
The Orange County Roller Girls or OC Roller Girls (OCRG) is a roller derby league based in Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 2006, the league currently consists of one travel team which competes against teams from other leagues, three home teams which compete against each other, and two junior teams.
The league was founded in June 2006 by Heather Shelton, known as Disco Dervish. Early members included the Orange County District Attorney and, by April 2007, it had hosted three sold-out bouts. It joined the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in January 2008, but became the first member to leave the organization, in March 2009.
In May 2011, OCRG began skating on a banked track, in addition to its flat track events. In June, it competed in the Battle on the Bank tournament. OCRG was a founding member of the Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues in January 2012.
- Carol Rojas, "OC Roller Girls: Hell on Wheels", Daily Titan, 12 April 2007
- Busta Armov, "Angel City squeezes OC Roller Girls 161-69", Derby News Network, 25 March 2009
- Peggy Lowe, "OC Roller Girls: Girl power and profit", Orange County Register, 4 May 2011
- "Teams, Battle on the Bank IV
- "RDCL Founding Members and Mission", Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues]", January 1, 2012