Orange Glen High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|Orange Glen High School|
|Escondido, California, United States
|Established||1962; First graduating class 1964|
|School district||Escondido Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Red, White and Blue|
|Slogan||"Once A Patriot Always A Patriot"|
Orange Glen High School (OGHS) is one of the five public high schools in the Escondido Union School District in Escondido, California. It was established in 1962. The school earned the California Distinguished School Award in 2007.
In the 2005-06 school year Orange Glen High School served 2,370 students from grades 9 to 12. It has six academic counselors. The school's yearbook is known as The Torch. The Musket school newspaper is part of the High School National Ad Network.
Orange Glen High School is a Division II school and a member of the Valley League. In the fall (August), student athletes may participate in cross country, football, girls tennis, girls volleyball, boys water polo, girls golf, marching band and cheerleading. In the winter (November), students can participate in boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, girls water polo, wrestling, cheerleading, drumline and marching band. In the spring (February), boys volleyball, baseball, softball, boys golf, boys and girls swimming, boys tennis, boys and girls track, drumline, drum major, Winter Guard and Concert Band.
Girls Cross Country won the Division I title in 1995. As for individual champions, Pauline Stehly won the 3A title in 1983.
The football team won the 1967 county title under coach Dick Disney, after whom the school's stadium was named Dick Disney Field.
In 2007, the boys soccer team won the CIF San Diego Section Division II championships. It was the first CIF banner for the boys soccer team. They won their second CIF title on March 6, 2010, under the guidance of coach Colin Garon, defeating Westview High School 6-5 on penalty kicks after drawing 1-1 in regulation. Senior Adrian Gutierrez was named CIF Player of the Year.
In 2009 and 2010, the Orange Glen Drum Majors earned the Field Conducting Championship in World Drum Major Association (WDMA.) Since 2009, they have taken 4 field conducting championships and 7 total Championship accolades. The group has always been represented in the top 5 at Championships and is one of only two drum major programs to be represented in every WDMA Championship show in field conducting, and the only program to be awarded at least one accolade in every Field Conducting Championship. To date, the program has received at least one awarded placement in every drum major competition they have attended except one (Glendora 2012)since their inception in 2009.
Other athletics history
The only Patriot football player to have had their number retired is Sean Salisbury.
- Ken Block - Rally Car Driver, and Founder of DC Shoes
- Brian Applegate (1984-1988) co-founded the band The Punk Group after moving to Portland, Oregon.
- Tamara Damante, News Anchor for KESQ-TV in Palm Springs, CA 
- Brad Greetis, fullback for the Columbus Destroyers of the AFL
- Josh Hagquist - Vocalist and Guitarist of the band The Beautiful Mistake
- Laura Hughes, assistant coach of women's basketball at Arizona State
- Ryan Jaroncyk, a 1995 first round draft pick by the New York Mets
- Lenny McGill, former NFL star and current Green Bay Packers scout
- Travis Ryan - Vocalist of the band Cattle Decapitation
- Brett Salisbury College football player and author
- Sean Salisbury (1981) College football at USC, NFL Football player, and ESPN broadcaster.
- Janese Swanson, co-developer of the Carmen Sandiego educational games, and founder of the company Girl Tech
- North County high schools make the grade with Newsweek : North County Times - Californian
- Orange Glen wildly celebrates title victory over Oceanside : North County Times - Californian
- "PREP BOYS SOCCER: Second straight shootout victory gives". San Diego Union-Tribune. 2010-03-06.
- The Raider Zone - Hall of Fame - Fred Biletnikoff
- Veteran coach hopes to revisit good ol' days - The Denver Post
- Salisbury's number gets call at auction : North County Times - Californian
- Star-filled evening for local chamber
- Columbus Destroyers Official Site
- Player Bio: Laura Hughes :: Women's Basketball
- Ryan Jaroncyk at The Baseball Cube
- Packers.com » Team » Staff » Lenny McGill
- "The forgotten season: when injuries and bad luck derailed high hopes". FishDuck. May 7, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Inventor Fills Girls' Desire for Their Own Gadgets". New York Times. 1999-09-30.