Singer Ben Ward, performing in 2006.
|Also known as||Our Haunted Kingdom|
|Genres||Stoner rock, doom metal, heavy metal|
|Labels||Rise Above, The Music Cartel, Sanctuary, Candlelight, Man's Ruin, Mayan, Eccentric Man|
|Associated acts||Ravens Creed, Electric Wizard, Capricorns, Dukes of Nothing|
|Past members||Pete O'Malley
Orange Goblin, previously Our Haunted Kingdom, are a heavy metal band from the United Kingdom that formed in 1995. The band's lineup currently consists of singer Ben Ward, guitarist Joe Hoare, bassist Martyn Millard, and drummer Chris Turner.
Orange Goblin was originally formed in 1995 under the name Our Haunted Kingdom. They released a split 7" with Electric Wizard in 1996 on Rise Above Records before adopting the moniker Orange Goblin. The bands first three albums were stoner/doom. On 2002's Coup de Grace they began to add punk, doom metal, and other influences to their sound.
Their first five releases were issued by Rise Above Records. Rhythm guitarist Pete O'Malley left the band in 2004 to pursue a career as an artist. On December 16, 2005 the band celebrated its tenth anniversary with a concert at the Underworld club in Camden also featuring Scissorfight and Blood Island Raiders. Their 2007 album, Healing Through Fire was released on Mayan/Sanctuary Records. On September 3, 2008 the band announced that they had signed with Candlelight Records and were working on material for a new album with a September 2009 release date in mind. It was then announced in May 2009 that "Songwriting for the new album is ongoing but looks very promising with the skeleton of four or five new songs already in place. Two rough working titles for the new songs include Red Tide Rising and The Bishop's Wolf". The band had earlier announced that it had postponed the recording sessions for the new album due to "unforeseen circumstances" and apologised to the fans assuring them that "it will be worth the wait". Twelve months later, in March 2010, a statement was issued by the band stating that while they were not necessarily never going to release a new album ever again, the prospective forthcoming album was to be postponed for the foreseeable future. The band announced they will be recording new material in August 2011. Once mentioned on Ricky Gervais' XFM radio show. This recording was indeed completed in September 2011 and is set to be released early in February 2012 under the name of 'A Eulogy for the Damned' by Candlelight Records.
In mid-2010 the band's back catalog was reissued on Rise Above Records in digipack form. In mid-December 2010 they celebrated their fifteenth anniversary with support coming from British blues-rock band Firebird - featuring previous members of Carcass and Spiritual Beggars - and American doom-rock band Solace culminating in their annual Christmas show in London.
- Current lineup
- Ben Ward - vocals, guitar
- Joe Hoare - guitar
- Martyn Millard - bass
- Chris Turner - drums
- Former members
- Pete O'Malley - guitar
- Session musicians
- Duncan Gibbs - keyboards on Frequencies from Planet Ten
- Studio albums
- Frequencies from Planet Ten (1997)
- Time Travelling Blues (1998)
- The Big Black (2000)
- Coup de Grace (2002)
- Thieving from the House of God (2004)
- Healing Through Fire (2007)
- A Eulogy for the Damned (2012)
- Electric Wizard/Our Haunted Kingdom (1996)
- Nuclear Guru (1997)
- Chrono.Naut / Nuclear Guru (1997)
- The Time EP (1998)
- Orange Goblin/Alabama Thunderpussy (2000)
- "Some You Win, Some You Lose" (2004)
- Compilation appearances
- "Saruman's Wish" on Dark Passages II (1996)
- "Aquatic Fanatic" on Stoned Revolution - The Ultimate Trip (1998)
- "Quincy the Pig Boy" on Rise 13 (1999)
- "Black Shapes of Doom" on Bastards Will Pay: Tribute to Trouble (1999)
- "No Law" on High Volume (2004)
- Wilson, MacKenzie. "Orange Goblin Biography". Allmusic. All Media Guide (Rovi). Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- Orange Goblin Sign With Candlelight Records
- Orange Goblin Myspace
-  Statement regarding follow-up album to 'Healing Through Fire' on Blabbermouth
- Orange Goblin Reveals New Album Release Date, Announces U.K. Shows