Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
|• Total||23.2 sq mi (60.2 km2)|
|• Land||21.6 sq mi (56.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.6 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|• Density||576.2/sq mi (222.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086052|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Berlin Township - north
- Berkshire Township - northeast corner
- Genoa Township - east
- Westerville - southeast
- Sharon Township, Franklin County - south
- Perry Township, Franklin County - southwest corner
- Liberty Township - west
Several populated places are located in Orange Township:
- Part of the city of Columbus, the capital of Ohio, in the south
- Part of the city of Westerville, in the southeast
- The unincorporated community of Lewis Center, in the northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Children from Orange Township attend the Olentangy School District.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Township website
- County website
- Township data
- Regional Planning website
- Orange Township Business Association website