Orangeburg Municipal Airport
|Orangeburg Municipal Airport|
|Orthophoto from USGS|
|IATA: OGB – ICAO: KOGB – FAA LID: OGB|
|Owner||City of Orangeburg|
|Serves||Orangeburg, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||195 ft / 59 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Orangeburg Municipal Airport (IATA: OGB, ICAO: KOGB, FAA LID: OGB) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) south of the central business district of Orangeburg, a city in Orangeburg County, South Carolina, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. The airport does not have scheduled commercial airline service.
Facilities and aircraft
Orangeburg Municipal Airport covers an area of 300 acres (121 ha) at an elevation of 195 feet (59 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17/35 is 5,399 by 100 feet (1,646 x 30 m) and 5/23 is 4,508 by 100 feet (1,374 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 12, 2011, the airport had 22,420 aircraft operations, an average of 61 per day: 99% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 22 aircraft based at this airport: 73% single-engine and 27% multi-engine.
- List of airports in South Carolina
- South Carolina World War II Army Airfields
- 29th Flying Training Wing (World War II)
- FAA Airport Master Record for OGB ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image as of January 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for OGB, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport: