Balen Ning Orani
|1st Class Municipality|
Municipal Town Hall of Orani
|Motto: Smile Orani; I love Orani ("Basta Taga Orani, Maganda Ugali")|
Map of Bataan showing the location of Orani
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Legislative district||1st District of Bataan|
|• Mayor||Benjamin C. Serrano Jr. (Nacionalista)|
|• Vice Mayor||Godofredo B. Galicia Jr. (Nacionalista)|
|• Total||64.90 km2 (25.06 sq mi)|
|• Density||940/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
The Municipality of Orani is located 115 kilometres (71 mi) northwest of Manila and accessible via the Bataan Provincial Expressway, off Exit 20. It is bounded on the north by Hermosa, on the south by Samal, on the west by Dinalupihan and on the east by Manila Bay. It has a total land area of 5,926.00 hectares covering 29 barangays. About 1,231 hectares are used for agriculture, 1,943.86 hectares are forestland, 971.93 hectares are forest reservation and 1,295.91 hectares are reserved for the National Park. The rest are classified as wetland.
Palay, coffee, vegetables, peanut, citrus trees and fruit trees are the major produce. Cutflowers like aster, chrysanthemum and gerbera are locally cultivated while bamboo and jungle vines can be gathered from Orani's rich forestlands. Aquamarine resources like milkfish, tilapia, prawn, crabs, mussels and oysters are caught in Orani's rich fishing grounds and fishponds.
Municipal government and politics
Pursuant to the Local government in the Philippines", the political seat of the municipal government is located at the Municipal Town Hall. In the History of the Philippines (1521–1898), the Gobernadorcillo is the Chief Executive who holds office in the Presidencia. During the American rule (1898–1946) (History of the Philippines (1898-1946)), the elected Mayor and local officials, including the appointed ones hold office at the Municipal Town Hall. The legislative and executive departments perform their functions in the Sangguniang Bayan (Session Hall) and Municipal Trial Court, respectively, and are located in the Town Hall.
Orani, Bataan's incumbent elected officials are - Mayor Benjamin "Benjie" C. Serrano, Jr. and Vice-Mayor Godofredo Bongco Galicia, Jr., including 8 Councilors or Sanguniang Bayan Members: Rome Serrano Sicat. Renato Rodriguez Bugay, Rodolfo Fabian Duran, Francis Sevilla Dela Torre, Efren, Jr. Luna Monday, Voltaire Dionisio Medina,Lilian Flores Tongco and Rolando Bernaldo Mina. They hold office at the second floor of the Town Hall, particularly the Office of the Mayor and Sangguniang Bayan Session Hall, respectively.
The 2nd Municipal Circuit Trial Court of Orani-Samal, Bataan, MCTC Judge Ma. Cristina J. Mendoza-Pizzaro holds office in her sala located at the second floor of the MTC building at the back of the Town hall.
- Apollo Village
- Bagong Paraiso (Pob.)
- Balut (Pob.)
- Bayan (Pob.)
- Calero (Pob.)
- Paking-Carbonero (Pob.)
- Centro I (Pob.)
- Centro II (Pob.)
- Maria Fe Subdivision
- Palihan (Pob.)
- Pantalan Bago (Pob.)
- Pantalan Luma (Pob.)
- Parang Parang (Pob.)
- Tenejero (Pob.)
|Population census of Orani|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
High School and College
- Bataan Peninsula State University - Orani Campus
High School, Elementary and Pre-elementary
- Academy of Queen Mary
- BLC International School (formerly Bataan Learning Center)
- Holy Rosary Parochial Institute (Diocesan Schools of Bataan)
- Jose Rizal Institute - Orani
- Orani National High School
- Orani National High School - Annex 1
- Orani National High School - Pag-Asa Annex
- Orani North Elementary School
- Orani South Elementary School
- Kaparangan Elementary School
- Pantalan Luma Elementary School
- Tala Elementary School
- Pagasa Elementary School
- Pulo Elementary School
- Tapulao Elementary School
- Talimundoc Elementary School
- Little Flower Kindergarten School
- Sto. Rosario Kindergarten School
- Orani North Kiddie School
- Sola Fide Montessori
- Orani Day Care Center's
Orani's interesting points, attractions, events and historical landmarks include:
- Holy Rosary Parochial Institute - Mango Tree
- Orani People's Park, center of Poblacion, Plaza
- Orani Fish Port
- The United Methodist Church
- The 1714 Orani Church, commonly known as the "Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church of Orani" ("Our Lady of the Rosary of Orani", "Nuestra Señora del Rosario Parish Church", "Church of Orani" or "Virgen Milagrosa Del Rosario del Pueblo de Orani Shrine") is a Neoclassical (heritage) Diocesan Marian Shrine and Pilgrimage church (recognized by the 1959 Vatican's Papal Bull, located in Poblacion, 2112 Orani, Bataan).
- Orani P42.7 million New municipal building, located at the center of the old Poblacion, in front of the Orani Church. It has a total floor area of 2,916 square meters, including the roof deck (648 sq. m.) On August 4, 2005, Mayor Efren Pascual Jr. constructed the building which was inaugurated on May 26, 2007.
- The Multi-purpose Gym
- Orani Cockpit
- Orani Public Market
- Death March Marker (Silahis), Bataan Death March. Kaparangan, Orani, was used as a temporary prisoners’ camp by the Japanese soldiers starting on April 11, 1942, the second day of the infamous “Death March”. To commemorate the pitiful event, the National Historical Institute constructed a bronze memorial at the corner of Barangay Silahis and the Bataan National Road in 1987.
- Mulawin Pistang Krus 2012
- Sinagtala Farm Resort and Retreat Park, Barangay Tala, Orani, Bataan
- Tamarind Ridge – a 14-hectare development situated at Barangay Tugatog, Orani, Bataan
- Bataan Peninsula State University - Orani Campus
- Pawikan Festival 2012 Orani Bataan
- Janine Tugonon visited Orani on January 6, 2013. Tugonon is the second Bataeño to win first runner-up in an international beauty contest. In the Binibining Pilipinas, Evangeline Pascual of Orani town was only 17 when she won first runner-up in the Miss World pageant held in England in 1973.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Province: BATAAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Philippines : Gov.Ph : About the Philippines :". www.gov.ph. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orani, Bataan.|
- Orani's Oficcial Website
- Orani Bataan General Information
- Orani Organizations website
- Orani Water District
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information