|Developer(s)||The Tor Project|
|Initial release||1 October 2008|
|Stable release||Android, 220.127.116.11 (September 15, 2014 ) [±]|
Orbot is an open source client for the Tor network on Android mobile devices. The client allows traffic routing from a device's web browser, e-mail client, map program, etc., through the Tor network, providing anonymity for the user.
The application has been downloaded more than a million times with an average user rating of 4.2/5.
- "Orbot: Tor on Android". AppBrain. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Shakeel, Irfan (April 2011). "Orbot: Tor- Anonymous On Android". eHacking.net. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Farivar, Cyrus (15 February 2012). "From encryption to darknets: As governments snoop, activists fight back". Ars Technica. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Orbot: Proxy with Tor". Google Play. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Hathaway, Jay (19 April 2010). "Orbot offers anonymous browsing on Android, via Tor". Switched.com. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Official website
- Code repository
- Google Play
- Tor Project Site
- Orbot Android package at the F-Droid repository
|This article related to the Tor network is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|