Orchestra Victoria is the performance partner of major Australian performing arts companies – The Australian Ballet, Opera Australia, Victorian Opera and The Production Company – and also presents concerts and education workshops in regional and outer metropolitan centres across the Victoria.
The Orchestra was established in 1969 as the Elizabethan Theatre Trust Orchestra in Melbourne and is now an independent not-for-profit company. Orchestra Victoria delivers close to 200 performances to around 225,000 people in Victoria each year.
- In the State Theatre, Arts Centre Melbourne at the opera or ballet
- In concert at venues such as the Melbourne Recital Centre in Melbourne
- In concert at venues around regional Victoria
- Playing alongside students as part of its education program
- On recordings for ABC Classics and Melba Recordings
Leading staff 2011
- Artistic Director: Adam Chalabi
- Acting Concertmaster: Roger Jonsson
- "Australian Ballet takes over Orchestra Victoria". The Australian.