The Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique, founded in 1989 by John Eliot Gardiner, performs Classical and Romantic music, using the principles and original instruments of historically informed performance. The orchestra has recorded symphonies, operas, concertos, and other works of Beethoven, Berlioz, Brahms, Gluck, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Verdi, and Weber. The orchestra and the Monteverdi Choir performed a premiere recording (audio and TV) of the Berlioz Messe solennelle in Westminster Cathedral, London 1993 .  The orchestra performed in dramatisation by the BBC of Beethoven's performing of his third symphony.
John Eliot Gardiner's other ensembles:
- ^ Monteverdi Productions website, retrieved 2012-04-22
- ^ Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, retrieved 2007-05-17
- ^ Berlioz: Messe solennelle, retrieved 2007-05-17
- ^ Berlioz’s Messe Solennelle – the discovery of a ‘burnt’ composition, retrieved 2007-05-17
- ^ "Ian Hart is Beethoven in unique drama of the first performance of the Eroica Symphony" (Press release). BBC. May 15, 2003. Retrieved 2007-05-17.