Order of Military Merit (Korea)
- 1 Classes of the Order
- 2 Footnotes
- 3 External links
Classes of the Order
The order is awarded in one of five classes, as follows.
1st Class – Taegeuk Cordon
1st class: 太極, Taegeuk (Taegeuk Cordon or Grand Cordon) – Taegeuk Cordon of the Order of Military Merit is the highest decoration for military bravery and valour awarded by the government of South Korea. Members of the armed forces of South Korea, as well of its allies, are eligible for the award.
- Chappy Hakim – Air Chief Marshall, Indonesian Air Force
- Young-Oak Kim – Colonel, United States Army
- Homer Litzenberg – General, United States Marine Corps
- William Westmoreland – General, United States Army
- Frank Fort Everest – General, United States Air Force
- Horace Robertson – Lieutenant General, Australian Army
- HN KIM United States Navy
2nd Class – Eulji Cordon
- Pham Van Dong – General, Armed Forces of the Republic of Vietnam
- Chesty Puller – Lieutenant General, United States Marine Corps
- William P. Yarborough – Lieutenant General, United States Army
3rd Class – Chungmu Cordon
3rd class: 忠武, Chungmu (Lord High Admiral Chungmu Cordon)
- Han Moo-hyup – Major General, Republic of Korea Army
- Alfredo M. Santos – General, Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr. – Admiral, United States Navy
4th Class – Hwarang Cordon
4th class: 花郞, Hwarang (Youth Military Corps Cordon)
- Major Steven Vorhees Boylan (later Col. US Army retired) For direct support of the 10th Korean "Meng Ho" Division in the central coast region of Viet Nam in 1966.
5th Class – Inheon Cordon
5th class: 仁憲, Inheon (Field Marshal Lord Inheon Cordon)
- 'Taegeuk' is also transliterated as 'Taeguk'
- 'Eulji' is also transliterated as 'Ulchi'
- 'Inheon' is also transliterated as 'Inhun'
- MOPAS Order of Military Merit page (Ministry of Public Administration and Security)
- Historical changes to the Eulji/Ulchi medal design
- Republic of Korea's Orders of Merit