Order of Naval Merit (Dominican Republic)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Order of Naval Merit
Orden del Mérito Naval
|Type||Three division military merit order with four classes|
|Eligibility||Members of the Air Force of the Dominican Republic.|
|Awarded for||For extraordinary services and merit.|
|Motto||Courage and Loyalty|
|Established||5 July 1954|
|Next (higher)||Order of Military Heroism Captain General Santana|
|Next (lower)||Order of Military Merit|
Ribbon bar for the Valour Medal
Ribbon bar for the Honour Medal
Ribbon bar for the Distinguished Service Medal
Ribbon bar of the Merit Medal
- Valour Medal: to Non-Commissioned Officers.
- Honour Medal: to Junior Officers and Midshipmen.
- Distinguished Medal: to Junior Officers and Midshipmen.
- Naval Merit Medal: to General Officers and Superior Officers.
The person awarded with this honour should be added the post-nominal M. N. (Mérito Naval, Spanish for Naval Merit) after his or her full name, in all the official papers and documents.
- "Orden Presencial" (in Spanish). Marina.mil.do. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Medals of the Dominican Republic", Jeffrey B. Floyd, International Electronic Phaleristic Encyclopedia, 16 October 1997
- Law number 2043 of the year 1954 that created the Order of Naval Merit
- Art. 17 of the Law number 2043 of the year 1954.