Order of Saint Peter of Cetinje
The Order of Saint Peter of Cetinje (Montenegrin: Орден Светог Петра, Orden Svetog Petra) is the first dynastic of the Royal House of Petrović-Njegoš. The Order was introduced by King Nikola I of Montenegro in 1869.
It is sometimes said that this order was actually introduced much earlier by Prince-Bishop (Vladika) Peter II Petrović-Njegoš. The Order is bestowed upon prominent members of the Petrović-Njegoš family, as well as to prominent foreign citizens, and is currently held by all four Princes and Princesses of the Royal House. The name of Prince Danilo, the first Montenegrin ruler with a purely secular title, is inscribed on the Decoration. This is often attributed to the fact that the Order was a prototype for the other dynastic Order of Prince Danilo I.
The Order was named after the Patron Saint of the Montenegrin Orthodox Church, Prince-Bishop (Vladika) Peter I Petrović, the person who effectively obtained independence for Montenegro, and to whom is attributed the creation of the modern Montengrin State.
The Order of Saint Peter is the House Order of the Royal House of Montenegro.
The Order consists of a single class, and is normally reserved for members of the Royal Family and their kinsmen and in exceptional circumstances prominent foreign citizens.
Officers of the Order 
- Grand Master : Nicholas, Prince of Montenegro
- Vice-Grand Master : Boris, Hereditary Prince of Montenegro
- Grand Chancellor: Boris, Hereditary Prince of Montenegro (29 August 2012)
- Grand Prefect
Classes and Post Nominals 
- Knight/Dame (OStP)
Living recipients 
- HRH Crown Prince Nicholas of Montenegro
- HRH Hereditary Prince Boris of Montenegro, Grand Duke of Grahavo and Zeta
- HRH Princess Véronique of Montenegro, Grand Duchess of Grahavo and Zeta
- HH Princess Milena of Montenegro
- HRH Princess Altinaï of Montenegro
- HH Prince Nicholas of Russia
- HSH Prince Dimitri of Russia
- HRH Vittorio Emanuele, Prince of Naples
- HRH Marina, Princess of Naples
- HRH Emanuele Filiberto, Prince of Venice
- HE John Gvozdenovic Kennedy
- Romanoff, Prince Dimitri; [colours by Strüwing] (1980). The orders, medals and history of Montenegro. Copenhagen: Bent Carlsen. ISBN 978-8785216274.
- "H.R.H. Prince Nicolas Petrovitch Njegosh decorates H.M.E.H. Fra’ Andrew Bertie with the Order of Danilo I and the Order of Saint Petar of Cetinje". The Dynastic Orders of the Royal House. Chaumont, France: The Njegoskij Fund. 2 February 2006. Retrieved 5 December 2012. "Crown Prince Nicolas Petrovitch Njegosh invested H.M.E.M. Grand Master Fra’ Andrew Bertie with the insignia of Knight Grand Cross with Diamond Star in the Order of Danilo I, and that of the Order of Saint Petar of Cetinje what is, for a foreign citizen, an extremely rare honour since the Order is normally reserved for members of the Royal Family of Montenegro and their kinsmen"
- "June 4, 2005, Cetinje hosts the first gala ceremony of the Order of Danilo I since 90 years". The Dynastic Orders of the Royal House. Chaumont, France: The Njegoskij Fund. 5 June 2005. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Huart, J (29 August 2012). "S.A.R. Boris Petrovitch Njegosh, Prince Héréditaire de Monténégro, nouveau Grand Chancelier des Ordres Dynastiques de la Maison Royale". The Royal House of Montenegro, news and events (in French). Chaumont, France: The Njegoskij Fund. Retrieved 5 December 2012. "Aujourd’hui, mercredi 29 août 2012, S.A.R. le Prince Héritier Nicolas Petrovitch Njegosh annonce par voie de presse que la veille, son fils, le Prince Héréditaire Boris, a été investi Grand Chancelier des Ordres Dynastiques de la Maison Royale de Monténégro"
- "Investiture ceremony on the occasion of Miléna’s birth, first grandchild of Hereditary Grand Master Nicolas Petrovitch Njegosh". The Dynastic Orders of the Royal House. The Njegoskij Fund. 27 February 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012. "Today, on Wednesday February 27, 2008, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Nicolas Petrovitch Njegosh, Hereditary Grand Master of the Royal House Orders of Montenegro, announced that his grandchild, the little Miléna, daughter of Their Royal Highnesses Hereditary Prince Boris Petrovitch Njegosh, Grand Voivode of Zeta and Grahovo, and Princess Véronique of Montenegro, born on last February 11, was admitted in the Order of Saint Petar of Cetinje. On the occasion of this great event for the Dynasty, the Crown Prince also invested Princess Véronique with the insignia of Dame Grand Cross in the Order of Danilo I, and that of the Order of Saint Petar of Cetinje."
- "Order of Saint Peter". orderofdanilo.org. Cetinje, Montenegro: Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro. 2 May 2006. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2012. "Living recipients...H.E. John Gvozdenović Kennedy (Grand Chancellor)"