Scouting in Oregon
- 1 Boy Scouting in Oregon
- 1.1 Blue Mountain Council
- 1.2 Cascade Pacific Council
- 1.3 Crater Lake Council
- 1.4 Ore-Ida Council
- 1.5 Oregon Trail Council
- 2 Girl Scouting in Oregon
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Boy Scouting in Oregon
Blue Mountain Council
Cascade Pacific Council
- Calapooia District
- Chinook District
- Eagle Valley District
- Columbia Gorge District
- Fort Clatsop District
- Fort Vancouver District
- Lewis and Clark District
- Mid-Columbia District
- Pioneer District
- Sunset Trail District
- Three Rivers District
- Thunderbird District
- Tillamook District
- Tuality District
- Wapiti District
- Willamette District
- Sea Scouts District
- Van-Port District
The council operates a number of camps, including;
- Camp Baldwin, 17 miles (27 km) west of Dufur in the Mount Hood National Forest
- Camp Meriwether, 695 acre camp on beachfront property south of Cape Lookout near Tillamook
- Camp Cooper, northwest of Willamina in the coastal forest
- Scouters' Mountain, featuring Cub World, in Clackamas
- Butte Creek Scout Ranch, a working horse ranch south of Scotts Mills
- Camp Morrison, a small camp east of Salem.
- Camp Ireland in Hillsboro
- Camp Lewis, near Battleground, Washington
- Camp Clark, a second camp on the Meriwether Reservation near Tillamook
- Camp Royce Finel, a small property near Astoria
- Camp Discovery, on the Scouters' Mountain property in Clackamas
- Camp Pioneer, east of Salem in the Mount Jefferson Wilderness
Butte Creek Scout Ranch
Butte Creek Scout Ranch, also known as Gilbert Ranch during the summers, is a working ranch that doubles as a Cub Scout resident camp. Consisting of over 600 acres nestled near Scotts Mills, the property first opened as a summer camp in 1997. During the summers, it is a 3 day and 2 night camp for scouts ages 7-11. Unlike other resident Cub camps in the council, it has a Western theme every year. It is one of the few scout camps in the nation that includes a horse riding station. Throughout the property, cows, goats, chickens, and sometimes pigs are present. This property was also the first camp in the council to start a session for girls in the same age group. Originally started in 2007, the program was called "Sister's Camp" and had the purpose of trying to get Cub Scout sisters to also have a chance to experience. As of 2012, the program still exists (now called "Girl's Camp"), and is for ages 8 to 13. The summer staff is primarily high school students.
The property also doubles as the winter location for the council's 70+ head of horses. Twice a year, June and August, 50 of the horses are ridden between Camp Baldwin and Butte Creek along a beautiful route over Mount Hood. The Horse Trek is open to anyone over 13, although scouts receive a discount. During the winter, scouts can enjoy a weekend of horseback riding and camping on the property. The winters are staffed by a diverse group of volunteers who run rides and help maintain the property.
Order of the Arrow
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge #442 Members provide thousands of hours of service every year to Cascade Pacific Council's camps.
Crater Lake Council
- Big Pines District serves Jackson County, Oregon
- Fremont District serves Crook, Jefferson and Deschutes counties in Oregon
- Klamath District serves Klamath County, Oregon, Lake County, Oregon and Modoc County, California
- Roaring Rogue District serves Josephine County, Oregon
- Siskiyou District serves Siskiyou County, California
- Pacific Rivers District serves Humboldt County, California
- Redwood Gate District serves Del Norte County, California
- Camp Makualla is located on the shores of Crescent Lake in the heart of the Cascades and the Deschutes National Forest.
- Camp McLoughlin is located on the northwestern shoreline of Lake of the Woods of the Fremont-Winema National Forests.
Order of the Arrow
- Lo La 'Qam Geela Lodge #491
Ore-Ida Council serves Scouts in Idaho and Oregon.
Oregon Trail Council
The Oregon Trail Council serves Scouts in Oregon. 
- Benton District serves Benton County
- Cascade District serves Springfield, Cottage Grove, and eastern Lane County
- Chinook District serves Coos County
- Doug Fir District serves Douglas County
- Greenwood District serves Eugene and western Lane County
- Wacoma District serves Curry County
- Yaquina District serves Lincoln County
- Camp Baker
- Camp Melakwa
- Camp Murnane
- Marion Mooney Scout Ranch
- Kitson Hot Springs
- Weyerhaeuser Woods
Order of the Arrow
- Tsisqan Lodge #253
Girl Scouting in Oregon
There are two Girl Scout councils serving girls in Oregon.
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington
Formed by the merger of Girl Scouts - Columbia River Council, Girl Scouts of Santiam Council, Girl Scouts of Western Rivers Council, and Girl Scouts of Winema Council in October 2008.
Headquarters: Portland, Oregon
Service centers in Oregon:
Summer resident camps:
- Camp Arrowhead is 260 acres (1.1 km2) located in the Gorge near Stevenson, Washington. Camp Arrowhead has 260 acres of forest, meadows, trails, and a lake. It was opened in 1948.
- Camp Cleawox is located two miles south of Florence in the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. This 47 acres (190,000 m2) site is situated on a freshwater lake. Girl Scouts first started camping there before 1930 and in 1938/1939 substantial work was done by the Civilian Conservation Corps. The property was also leased by other groups until 1949.
- Camp Whispering Winds is located in the forested hills of Kings Valley. The camp includes 220 acres (0.89 km2) and a central lake.
- Camp Low Echo is 40 acres (160,000 m2) located on Lake of the Woods at the foot of Mount McLoughlin in Winema National Forest.
Outdoor Program Centers:
- Elkhorn Outdoor Program Center is a rustic 12 acres (0.049 km2) located in Eastern Oregon. A great site for hiking and nature study, Elkhorn offers a natural experience for advanced campers.
- The Homestead Outdoor Program Center is 32 acres (130,000 m2) located on the historically significant Creighton Homestead in Rhododendron at the base of Mount Hood.
- Mountaindale Outdoor Program Center is located off Sunset Highway in North Plains. Mountaindale has 50 acres (200,000 m2) of woods, a meadow, and a pond.
- Ruth Hyde Outdoor Program Center is 90 acres (360,000 m2) about seven miles west of Grants Pass.
- Tomlin Forest Outdoor Program Center is 200 acres (0.81 km2) about 15 minutes from Medford, and has a view of Mount McLoughlin.
- Wallace Creek Outdoor Program Center is 200 acres (0.81 km2) located just outside Jasper. It features three program areas.
- Albany Program Center is located in a residential section of Albany.
- Lebanon Program Center is a converted schoolhouse located in Lebanon.
- Newport Program Center is located in residential Newport near the beach and the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
- Seaside Program Center is located in residential Seaside near the beach.
Silver Sage Girl Scout Council
Serves girls in Malheur County, Oregon.
Headquarters: Boise, Idaho
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scouting in Oregon.|