From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about a Hebrew Bible name. For other uses, see Oren (disambiguation).
|Word/name||Hebrew: אורן (Shahaf)|
|Meaning||ash or pine|
|Region of origin||Israel|
|Look up Oren in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Oren (Hebrew: אורן) is a masculine given name. It translates to pine tree in Hebrew.
People with the surname
- Daniel Oren, Israeli conductor
- Enver Oren, Ihlas Holding’s Chairman of the Board
- Menachem Oren, Israeli chess master and mathematician
- Michael Oren, American-Israeli scholar and historian
- Ram Oren, Israeli author
- Rony Oren, Israeli animator
People with the given name
- Oren R. Earl (1813–1901), New York assemblyman
- Oren Eizenman, Israeli-Canadian ice hockey player
- Oren Lavie, Israeli singer, songwriter, playwright, and theatre director.
- Oren Moverman, Israeli filmmaker, screenwriter, and former journalist
- Oren Nissim, Israeli footballer
- Oren Peli, Israeli filmmaker, creator of the Paranormal Activity series
- Oren Yiftachel, an Israeli professor
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|